First Assurance Kenya Limited Job Vacancies
We are a short term insurance company with a lot of experience and expertise in short term products.
At First Assurance we have our customer needs as our First priority in ensuring your needs are met.
We offer Insurance to what matters to you give you Security as you continue with your busy life and assure you of our commitment to walk the journey with you.
Our mantra is Insure. Secure. Assure
First assurance Company Ltd started its operations in 1930 as Prudential Assurance Company Limited.
Prudential Assurance Company’s early years of operation were mainly on Life Assurance Business .Following tax changes on Retirement Annuity Contracts, which reduced savings on Tax to a large section of the Business Community in the early seventies (70’s), Long Term Life Assurance business investment naturally became affected and quite a number of Composite Insurance Companies ceased to underwrite Life Assurance Business. Prudential ceased to write Life Business on 1st April 1974 with the General Insurance Branch remaining to grow.
In 1991 Prudential Assurance changed ownership to 100% local shareholding and changed its Name to First Assurance Company Ltd.
In 2015, Barclays Africa Group Ltd (BAGL) Acquired 63.3percent stake in First Assurance Company Ltd making it the Majority Shareholder .First Assurance Company Ltd is the BAGL short term insurance provider under the Wealth and Investments (WIMI) umbrella in Kenya
First Assurance Company Ltd has five branches in Kenya, two in Nairobi and one each in, Nakuru, Mombasa and Kisumu. It also has branches in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.
- OUR VISIONTo be the Preferred and Trusted Provider of Insurance and Integrated Financial Services.
- OUR MISSIONTo provide Assurance and Quality Services for all Insurable Financial and Social expectations that create and add Value for all Stakeholders
- OUR CORE VALUES
- Quality Service
- Corporate Responsibility
- AWARDSFirst Assurance company Ltd had been recognised both locally and internationally as the preferred insurer as show cased by the following accolades:-
- 2018 Award for Most Improved Company in Group Life –AKI Awards
- Rated A for Claims Paying Ability by the Global Credit Rating Company of London
- Awarded the 27th International Europe Award for Quality in recognition of our commitment to Quality and Business Excellence
- Awarded First Runners Up for Efficient Claims Settlement by AIBK
- Bestowed the International Award for Leadership in image by Globe Trade Leaders’ Club, Madrid Spain
- Awarded 1st Runners Up Private Vehicle Insurer of The Year 2015 – Insurance Company Category, at the 16Th National Road Safety Awards, 2015
- Over the years the Company has witnessed steady growth in premium income, registering over Kshs. 4.4 Billion by close of 2014 thereby maintaining it as one of the Leading Insurance Companies in Kenya.