The International Potato Center (CIP): Regional IT Analyst Intern 2019
- Closing Date: Mar 1, 2019
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The International Potato Center is a research facility based in Lima, Peru, that seeks to reduce poverty and achieve food security on a sustained basis in developing countries through scientific research and related activities on potato, sweet potato, other root and tuber crops, and on the improved management of natural resources in the Andes and other mountain areas
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a highly competent Regional IT Analyst to lead the regional IT support, the development and launching of new IT infrastructure in different offices of Africa and based CIP IT policies.
About the role: This position will be responsible to provide the right IT infrastructure solutions in order to meet our business requirements, build stable IT environment and establish a good IT network to support the growth in Africa Region. This position requires a demonstrated ability to manage a diverse portfolio of requests, quickly mediate between competing priorities, and interact with the global IT team, contractors and business management while maintaining a regional perspective and an ability to work with IT department at CIP headquarters in Lima, Peru. The position requires a strong self-starter who can deliver consistently at a tactical level. Also, the person selected needs strong team interaction and business partnerships as well as administrative skills. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will report to the IT Global Head.
- Responsible for all new IT initiative for the Regional office in Africa;
- Participate in the IT committee meetings to align initiatives and plans, and to participate on definition plans, priorities, standards and procedures;
- Be the regional IT focal point for all new CIP wide IT initiative or activity;
- Ensure standardization and commonality for the IT hardware, infrastructure across all sites in Africa, in alignment with CIP IT policies and standards;
- Monitor and evaluate local IT vendors’ service performance and provide input to global IT on common vendors performance at Africa;
- Remain knowledgeable of information technology and organization business operations;
- Manage lifecycle of all End User Device including Desktops, Laptops, Printers, sciences peripheral and Mobile phone in alignment with Global IT Operational procedures;
- Responsible for all PC health status; ensure all computers are properly patched, virus protected, backups and follow CIP’s PC and Laptop configuration standards and have the standard image loaded;
- Manage local telecommunication systems and contracts including Mobile, Fixed lines and Internet;
- Responsible for user and local IT focal point training in IT solutions and to manage IT request support through CIP standard ticketing system and provide 1st and certain 2nd level support to local users;
- Support business expansion in regional offices in Africa, especially leading IT infrastructure installation in alignment with CIP standards and Plans;
- Execute all IT Procurement requirements in Africa in accordance to CIP operational procedures;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by CIP global IT Leader.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, System Engineering, MIS or comparable field.
- At least 3 years of work experience in similar positions providing Windows user application support including escalation to specialized teams and suppliers.
- Desirable experience providing Mac support and working with SharePoint.
- Experience with web pages creation and editing.
- Good IT infrastructure knowledge includes network communication, telephone systems, IT security, etc.
- Good IT infrastructure project experience, e.g. design, implement new plant IT infrastructure solutions.
- ITIL Foundations and Project management studies will be an advantage.
- Flexibility on work hours.
- Advanced speech and writing English language skills.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is an international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is a recent World Food Price Winner, and CIP has been recently awarded the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
What are the conditions?
The position is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Kenya nationals and permanent residents only. The employment contract will be for a one-year term (with a 3-month probation period) and the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on February 28, 2019 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.