Jubilee Insurance: Policy Administration & Conservation Officer 2019 Intern
- Closing Date: Mar 8, 2019
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Policy Administration & Conservation Officer reporting to the Client Service Manager in Life & Pensions Business, and the position will be based in Nairobi.
The position holder will be responsible for performing the day to day administration of policies through policy alterations and endorsements. Specific focus on improving policy persistency through conservation and reinstatement of lapsed polices.
- Manage the in force, lapsed and direct client book with aim of reducing premium deposits and target reinstatements to meet persistency targets
- Provide analysis on different service initiatives and operations processes
- Handle daily operational reports for policy administration and client services
- Handle enquiries on and support different types of policy alterations and policy servicing on different types of products efficiently and effectively. Prepare policy endorsements and contract provisions for policy changes
- Act as a key contact point for both internal and external customers and provide day-to-day administrative support
- Send out policy statements and contract changes notices within the required time
- Respond to customers queries
- Maintain constant relationship with customers to keep them updated on any changes to their policies
- Support business system projects and ad hoc requirements when required
- Assist to design and update manuals, procedures, documentation and reports
- Analytical skills
- Effective Communicator
- Logical thinking
- Effective Communicator
- Degree in Actuarial Science/ a Business Related Field
- Advanced MS Excel skills and knowledge of standard software packages
- Knowledge of legislation governing insurance in Kenya
- Progress in professional qualification in insurance will be an added advantage (LOMA,CII)
Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in a role requiring in depth business or process analysis or in a life policy administration role
Applications to be sent to Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Designation given
above before 7th March 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.