Summit: Depot Manager Job 2019
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Our client, a distributor of commercial gas is looking to recruit a Depot Manager based in their plant along Southern Bypass, Dagorreti Road. The ideal candidate must have experience working in working with in a similar position in oil/Gas industry.
- Plan for stock availability.
- Coordinate stores operations.
- Inspect store hygiene and cleanliness.
- Report on stocks and transport.
- Maintain the attendance register for depot staff.
- The incumbent is expected to provide measurable input to the depot business strategy.
- Modifying systems, practices and approaches while also influencing working methods.
- Ensures a cost-efficient operation in excess of current best practices
- Provides the leadership and direction for the depot operations.
- Liaises closely with shipping companies, trucking companies, port authorities.
- Liaises closely with vendors, suppliers, external consultants.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Supply Chain Management, Materials Management or Business-related field.
- Must have project management skills.
- Understanding of the transport industry and an ability to relate with the shipping company.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Extensive understanding of modern terminal operations including computer terminal management systems
- Extensive knowledge of Container Terminals operational practices.
- Experience in finance-related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Nairobi City Kenya
Career Level: Mid level
Salary: KES 200,000.00
Deadline: April 25, 2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job.