Summit: Head Chef Job 2019
Head Chef for a high end lodge in Laikipia
Job Category: Hospitality / Travel /Catering / Restaurant / TourismOur client, a high end lodge in a private conservancy in Laikipia area, is looking for a passionate and hands on Head Chef. The successful candidate MUST have at least 5 years of Chef experience – 3 of which have been in a well-recognised five-star hotel or world-class lodge, as a senior sous-chef. He/She MUST have a passion for creating fabulous food and exceptional attention to detail and quality control of all items produced in the kitchen.
- Responsible for training chefs & implementing kitchen standards
- Set 7 day Menus
- Proactive Maintenance
- Good stock controls and stock rotation
- Good administration and personnel files to be kept according to Lodge Manager’s requirements
- Responsible for all food orders, storerooms and fridge and deepfreezes
- Left-over management: left-overs to be discussed and processed every day
- Vehicles and containers transporting food to camps to be spotless
- Quality and quantity of snacks to game drives to be checked
- Responsible for bush banqueting, drink stops, picnics etc.
- Excellent interaction with Guests
- A recognised Chef Diploma in cooking and baking
- Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge and a clear knowledge of detailed stocktaking
- At least 5+ years relevant experience in a high end camp
- A valid drivers licence with at least 3 years driving experience
- Good computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills – with guests and fellow staff members
- Good organisational and lateral thinking ability
- Must adhere to World Class Hospitality and Service Standards
- Financial management ability
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Laikipia Kenya
Career Level: Management
Deadline: April 28, 2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job.