Summit: Finance Officer – NGO and Agriculture Sector Job 2019
Our client, a Multinational Coffee Merchant, involved in supporting a dynamic NGO based in Karen, Nairobi, is looking to recruit a Finance Officer. The successful candidate MUST have a background working with Sun System and supporting USAID donor funded projects. He/she must demonstrate an interest in managing accounting activities, fund accounting, project management, bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Ensure all budgets are consistent with the work plan.
- Serve as regional liaison between regional & country offices as it relates to the financial.
- Assist regional and country offices with the preparation of donor budgets & budget modifications.
- Prepare invoices, financial reports, accruals, and other financial deliverables.
- Track project expenses, burn rates, and cash received from the donor.
- Ensure budgets & other financial information are correctly represented in the Client’s financial.
- Assist country offices in responding to audit requests from donors, developing financial management.
- Maintain strong financial controls to guarantee compliance with Client and donor regulations.
- Review all grant agreements, contracts, and modifications for assigned projects in conjunction.
- Minimum of three years directly related work experience in finance and grant management.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance option.
- Must be a CPA K /ACCA – Finalist / relevant master’s degree in a finance related field.
- Hands on experience working with US government funding; knowledge of USAID is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability & willingness to work under pressure as part of a global team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must have experience working with Sun system.
- Candidates with the ability to speak French will have a distinct advantage.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Karen Kenya
Career Level: Mid level
Salary: KES 200,000.00
Deadline: June 5, 2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job.