Pezesha: Business Data Analyst 2019 Internship
- Closing Date: Apr 1, 2019
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Primary roles & Responsibilities of the Business Data analyst:
- Understand company operation to provide accurate and timely data reporting and analysis using statistical techniques to internal teams and relevant stakeholders
- Gather data and information from various sources and perform data checks to ensure data accuracy and completeness and evaluate risks
- Conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design in relation to data needs and come up with workflows while communicating effectively with stakeholders and working closely with the technical teams
- Provide strategic data driven decisions and recommendations to the business initiatives and to other external stakeholders to ensure robust products developments and scale
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Lead problem solving experiments and coordination efforts between various business units while measuring results effectively and efficiently for each experiment
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business analyst
- Excellent understanding and usage of spreadsheets, primarily ms Excel
- Good knowledge of design and manipulation of databases. Proficiency in SQL is a must.
- Practical experience in the usage and implementation of at least one reporting and visualization or BI tool
- Report writing and presentation skills using Ms Word, Ms powerpoint or equivalent.
- Use of at least one scripting or programming language
- At least 2 years working experience interacting with data, reporting business trends and providing strategic support to the implementation of robust data models and business rules
- BS in Mathematics or Engineering or Computer Science or Information Management or Statistics will be a MUST have
- Creative skills, analytical skills, leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) to all levels of management and employees in English.
- Machine Learning or AI skills will be a strong added advantage
How to Apply
Please send your CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 16/BUSINESS DATA ANALYST). The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO and job title will be automatically disqualified. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
In your application kindly add/attach the information below to email@example.com
- At least one project that you have worked on:
- Send a URL to the live website
- Send the source code as a zip file or as a repository URL
- Attach your up to date CV
- Interviews will be on a rolling basis until March 2019
Apply for Job
To apply for this job email your details firstname.lastname@example.org