Namespace Africa: Web Developer Intern 2019
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Closes: Apr 27, 2019
Namespace Africa is committed to delivering digital solutions to businesses that need process automation. Our bid is to build automation solutions that eliminate redundancies helping businesses achieve customer satisfaction through speedy, quality service delivery. Our vision is to use digital technologies to automate African organizations for the faster advancement of the continent.
We are looking for a creative Web Developer that can work on our software applications to achieve our business’ digital goals. The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on professional with strong knowledge of content management platforms, and an ability to translate our business needs into client-friendly products that will expand our influence in the industry. The Web Developer will be responsible for updating our current online applications, as well as developing and implementing a usability testing process to ensure that new web applications meet our company’s requirements.
- Design, develop, and maintain web-based applications and websites.
- Test and document web applications.
- Build & improve code for new and existing products
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create websites and user interfaces, using standard HTML/CSS practices, while incorporating data from back-end databases and services
- Training users
- KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid)
- Proficiency in Twitter Bootstrap or materialize
- Proficiency in Angular
- Basic knowledge in Photoshop, GIMP or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI/UX trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Strong portfolio (please include links to previous work).
- At least 1-year working experience in PHP and or Laravel.
- Familiar working with version control systems (preferably git).
- Knowledgeable in MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- A good understanding of Back-end concepts (Restful APIs and DevOps).
- Familiar with open source content management systems such as WordPress.
- Generous, positive and delivers to the highest standard possible.Good to Have
- Familiarity with Python for data science and its frameworks
- Writing skills
- Data Visualization
- Experience working with Firebase
- Experience using project management tools like Trello
How to Apply
How to apply
To apply, send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com including your previous projects, coding experience, and the expected stipend. Be sure to include “Web Developer” in the subject.
Deadline for receiving applications: 26th April 2019