Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships
International Student Financial Aid Process
Illinois Wesleyan University is committed to putting the highest quality educational experience in reach for all students.
Apply for aid with the CSS PROFILE.
How to Complete the CSS Profile
The College Board’s CSS Profile™ is an online application that collects information used by almost 400 colleges, universities, professional schools, and scholarship programs to award financial aid from sources outside of the federal government. After you submit your application, the College Board sends it to the colleges and scholarship programs you have chosen.
Who Should Complete
Not all colleges and scholarship programs require the CSS Profile. Check with the ones you’re interested in to see if they require it.
When to Complete
Start your CSS Profile by visiting cssprofile.org at least two weeks before the earliest college or scholarship priority application date you need to meet. This date is the college or program’s deadline for submitting a completed CSS Profile application.
How Much It Costs
Submitting your CSS Profile to one college or scholarship program costs $25. Additional reports are $16 each. First-year undergraduate college applicants whose parents live in the U.S. may be eligible for a CSS Profile fee waiver. Fee waivers are provided to students who qualified for an SAT fee waiver; or to students whose parental income reported on their CSS Profile falls within the federal reduced-price or free lunch program guidelines; or to students who are an orphan or ward of the court and under the age of 24. CSS Profile fee waivers cover all application and reporting fees. To qualify for the SAT-based fee waiver, students must log in to CSS Profile using the same account used for the SAT. Providing eligible students with fee waivers for College Board programs and services is integral to our mission of connecting students to college success and opportunity.
The Process: How to Complete the Application
Before You Start
- Visit cssprofile.org.
- Prepare by reviewing the helpful application resources found in the “Before You Apply” section of the website.
- The CSS Profile Overview answers many common application questions and takes just a few minutes to review.
- Ready to begin? Select the “Sign In to Apply” link and follow the instructions.
Completing the Application
- Have tax records and financial documents handy.
- Enter the required information about you and your family.
- Help is only one click away within the application through live chat, email, or phone.
Here’s what you can expect:
- The application dashboard is a helpful tool that provides a quick status of your progress and important messages from colleges. Questions are personalized based on your situation.
- Expect to be asked about income, assets, and expenses.
- If your parents are divorced or separated, review Information for Divorced Parents to learn more about what to expect.
- Your application is saved along the way. Return at any time to complete the application.
- You’ll receive alerts to missing or incorrect information.
- Secure data—your information is encrypted and stored with firewall protection.
Submit the Application
A final step in completing your application is selecting a college or scholarship program and entering your payment information. Once you have submitted your application, college-specific messages and a payment confirmation are available in the application dashboard.
Your application can be saved or printed from the application dashboard. This includes the data you entered on your application and your college and scholarship list. Note: At any time, you may add a college or program to your CSS Profile application from this dashboard.
The data on your CSS Profile are analyzed and reported to the colleges and scholarship programs you have specified. They then use the report to help determine your financial aid award.
Monitor important dates.
Important Dates for International Students
|Before November 15||Complete CSS PROFILE (for new students only)|
|After January 1||Receive and review financial aid proposals.|
|By May 1||Make your college selection — for Illinois Wesleyan University!|
Please contact us with any questions.
1312 N. Park St.
Bloomington, IL 61701G
Lower Level, Holmes Hall 1
IWU Financial Aid Office
P. O. Box 2900
Bloomington, IL 61702 -2900
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm