Emory College Scholarships

By | April 4, 2019

Emory College Scholarships

International Applicants

Students come to Emory from more than 100 countries, making our community rich with a variety of languages, cultures, and heritages. Approximately 17% of the 2018 first-year class are international students who speak more than 40 unique languages.


To apply for admission, international students must complete all the application requirements for first-year admission. Additionally, they must demonstrate English proficiency and provide financial certification


The Common Application or Coalition Application

$75 application fee or application fee waiver

Official high school transcripts and official college transcripts, if applicable

Official or self-reported scores from the SAT and/or the ACT. If English is your second language, TOEFL or IELTS results are also recommended

Secondary school report/counselor’s recommendation

Two teacher letters of recommendation from core-area academic teachers

For those applying EDII or RD: Midyear report and transcript


International students are required to submit the International/Financial Certification form (FIF) to show they have sufficient funds to cover all expenses while attending Emory University. We also will accept a note or statement from your bank or financial institution as proof of sufficient funding.

If you are an international student applying for financial aid, you do not need to show you have sufficient funds to cover fully your first year at Emory. If you’re applying for financial aid, complete the FIF as accurately as possible with funds ranging from $0 per year up to the cost of attendance.

If you have been issued a resident alien registration number (permanent residency or green card) since sending in your application, please email a copy of it to our office or upload a copy to your applicant portal to change your status.

If you have applied for permanent residency status but have not yet received your green card, you still will need to fill out the financial certification form and send in a copy of your permanent residency application.