Duma Works: Food and Beverage Manager Job 2019
Duma Works is recruiting a Food and Beverage Manager for one of our clients; a hotel situated in one of the largest towns in Kenya, Eldoret.
Scope and General Purpose:
To supervise and control all Food & Beverage outlets in the hotel to the required standards, within agreed budgetary limits and parameters.
All food and beverage operations.
- Head Chef
- Head of Front office
- Head of Security
- Head of Personnel
- Head of Maintenance
Limits of Authority:
As may be prescribed from time to time
- Prompt and efficient service of all Food and beverages to the quests.
- Maintain agreed on costs and not exceed agreed levels through effective cost control systems, including, sales analysis, menu costing and cash checks.
- Orderly table arrangements and setup.
- Have waiters always correctly and smartly dressed.
- Waiters to provide professional and courteous service to the customers.
- Have bars and cloakrooms areas clean and stocked with the stipulated requirements.
- Have well-trained barmen who are correctly and smartly dressed and serve the customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Execute room service orders promptly and that they comply with the required standards.
- Run functions efficiently and have all function rooms, including cloakrooms clean and tidy.
- Act as Duty Manager as required.
- Have all consumable and non-consumable goods ordered, correctly stored and issued to the various departments.
- Have maximum security in all areas under your control and that staff they are fully aware of the importance of key security issues.
- Effect correct staffing levels.
- Have proper hygiene standards in all areas.
- Attend to customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Take the necessary steps in the event of theft, burglary or fire.
- Submit reports and administration requirements on time.
- manage Back of the House Department effectively and efficiently.
- Hold regular performance appraisals with all your staff to identify areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is effected.
- Effect fair discipline in staff.
- Investigate causes of staff grievances and take appropriate action.
- Hold fire and evacuation drills regularly.
- Have a band and other entertainment programs.
- Be fully conversant with all statutory requirements regarding a food and beverage operation and that all licenses renewed promptly
- Have regular stock takes.
- Prepare and submit necessary budgetary information accurately.
- Put in place an effective table reservation system.
- Walkabout throughout all restaurants, bars and function areas maintaining a high presence with customers and staff.
- Hold regular staff meetings.
- Be fully aware of trends in the industry and make suggestions for improvement of the catering operation.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Carry out regular On-the-Job Training.
- Have the most suitably qualified person appointed in the event of a vacancy.
Any other duties as may be assigned.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “3552”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3552 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 28th February 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.