Duma Work: Senior Travel & Tours Consultant Job 2019
Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Travel & Tours Consultant for a leading travel agency in Nairobi. The candidate must be proficient in the Amadeus reservation system and have at least 7 years experience in the Travel industry.
- Develop systematic procedures and accountability for all transactions handled by the department
- Negotiate contracts or rates with travel service providers
- Manage vendor relationship
- Liaising with clients in person, over the phone or via email to discuss their travel requirements
- Prepare customised itineraries to suit clients’ preferences and budget
- Make airline, hotel or other travel related reservations as requested by customers
- Provide up to date advice on travel regulations
- Create and update electronic records for clients
- Research destinations and keep up to date with travel industry news
- Attend conferences and workshops to maintain familiarity with travel trends
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell travel & tour packages
- Ensure payment for services rendered is collected or an authorisation for credit facilities has been granted by the company prior to any issuance of travel documents.
- Assist after office hours or in emergency situations on any issues that may arise relating to customers’ travel.
- Utilise all revenue streams available to you in order to generate revenue and account profitability.
- Achieve revenue and profit targets
- Report & resolve customer complaints in the shortest time possible. All complaints must be communicated immediately to the board of directors.
- Notify the board of directors of any challenges encountered in the course of your duties
- Proficiency in the Amadeus reservation system
- At least 7 years experience in the Travel industry
- A degree or higher in tours and travel, hospitality or related discipline
- Experience in liaising with international travel agents /partners
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Self –motivated, Confident and outgoing personality.
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion.
- A Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent networking and prospecting skills
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “3587”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3587 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 8 April 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.