Andela: Consultant Coordinator Internship 2019
- Closing Date: Feb 23, 2019
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development. Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technology leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
About the role:
Andela Senior Consultants (SC) are Senior Developers and Technical Team Leads, who work with Andela Partners on engagements and support Andela Developers at various levels in levelling up their skills and experience through mentorship. They are technology leaders hired from across the continent who provide the necessary leadership required to build teams of Andela Fellows around them. Currently, we have SCs based in Nigeria, Uganda, Kenya, Ghana,Egypt, Rwanda, USA and Cameroon. In addition, Senior Consultants also serve as role models and mentors to Fellows on the next steps in their careers.
As a Consultant Coordinator, you will provide support to department members on different programs, operational and administrative work. You will provide support for Senior Consultant initiatives and ensure that the Andela Success team meets the needs of SCs. You will also provide support to the SC Manager in the day-to-day operations of the department. They work on ensuring the successful implementation of policies and procedures and departmental programs. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that Andela Consultants have a rewarding experience.
This position is full-time based at Andela’s office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Provide day-to-day operational support to Senior Consultants to help them meet their KPI’s and promote their growth.
- Support in the development, implementation, and improvement of SC workshops, mentorship and internal programs.
- Work with the Success team to ensure day-to-day operations of SC-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Support planning and coordination of senior consultant onboarding.
- Provide support for the implementation of policies and practices in the SC recruitment pipeline.
- Provide budgeting support and tracking of SC-related expenditures/transactions.
- Coordinate communications for SC related issues and events.
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agendas.
- Support SC department data collection and management to ensure proper use of systems
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals related to the SC department.
- Assist in performance tracking of new SCs data and communicate feedback to relevant stakeholders
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency in managing SC’s and improve workflows.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- 3- 4 years experience with a least 2 years within an administrative/operational function; BSc/BA degree preferred.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work as a team member.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Strong project management and people management skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Outstanding organizational skills and uncompromising attention to detail.
- Professional, confident, and high-performer under pressure.
- Proficient in Excel or Google spreadsheet and other G-suite packages.
- Strong data analytics skills with experience working with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching and ability to interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Passion for our mission.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
Apply for Job
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/1499308