Andela: Business Analyst Internship 2019
- Closing Date: Feb 23, 2019
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Andela is solving the technical talent shortage by building distributed engineering teams with Africa’s top software developers. In four years, Andela has hired 1,000 developers and become known as the “Best Place to Work in Africa,” with tech campuses in Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala,and Kigali. Andela developers work as full-time engineers with companies ranging from the Fortune 500 to high-growth startups like Gusto and Cloudflare.
Backed by Generation Investment Management, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, and Spark Capital, Andela is powering global engineering teams while catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across Africa.
Data & Analytics at Andela:
The Data team arms Andelans across five countries and two continents with the means to make data-informed decisions at every turn. This includes BI tooling and infrastructure as well as thoughtful analysis. You’ll work on a team of analysts who cover areas within Supply (Delivery, Learning), Demand (Sales, Marketing, Partner Experience) and a data engineer. The mandate and scope of the team is essentially unlimited, and ranges from business metrics to analyses that ultimately become productized.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with teams across the company to develop metrics and optimize against them
- Support business teams with reporting and dashboards
- Conduct actionable analysis and provide insights to decision makers
- Identify and analyze trends and develop potential solutions
- Work on a globally distributed data team in New York, Lagos and Nairobi making a large impact on Andela’s strategy
Who you are:
- A self-starting, curious analyst with 2 years of experience in tech, consulting or finance
- Business-minded in addition to data savvy
- Advanced in Excel, proficiency in SQL a plus
- A strong communicator and team player who can distill and convey insights from complex data sets
- Adaptable and able to navigate a rapidly growing organization
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenging problems
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Redshift)
- High-growth startups
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
Apply for Job
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/1559766