Solidaridad: IT Support 2019 Internship
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closes: Mar 16, 2019
Solidaridad is a global civil society organization (CSO) that provides market driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our organization, a globally renowned organisation working towards sustainable production and food security interventions for the region East and Central Africa. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. This is an opportunity to work alongside professionals from other regions and gain valuable technical skills for your future. You will learn how we use innovation and technology to drive Solidaridad Digital agenda forward. Through project work, job shadowing, network collaborations, hands on work experience, and exposure to regional project teams you will expand your knowledge and experience.
Through our digital innovations, we aim to enhance speed and scale of our producers. In order to do this, we need you to help us in developing the organizational, technological, and data capabilities necessary to change the agribusiness sector! We will provide you with a place to grow, build a career, and where everyone truly is part of the team. At Farmers, you will have the opportunity to work on innovative projects in the IT space. We recognize that our success results from the success of our people and we strive to create a challenging environment that nurtures your talents.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with new computer software systems and new program implementation.
- Assist in identifying and implementing solutions, performing cost-benefit analyzes and measuring results.
- Analyze as a contributing member of the function in information technology capacity, vendor capabilities and business processes to suggest improvements, propose and automation..
- Interface with IT service providers and in-house project staff to determine nature of routine and less complex problems and issues.
- Run a comprehensive data analysis and generate regular project reports, dashboards and Business intelligence for Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- A good understanding of relational databases management systems (RDBMS) (e. g. MySQL, MangoDB, Oracle, HANA, etc) as well as one or more Operating Systems (e.g Linux, Windows, etc)
- Familiar with common IT methodologies (SDLC, ITIL, ITSM)
- Ability to write programs of scripts in a few languages
- Excellent communication & documentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Passionate about technology with a strong urge to learn.
- Excellent understanding of business processes & conceptual models, strong presentation skills, training skills etc. shall be required
How to Apply
Send a one-page cover letter (including salary expectations and availability) and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org