Population Services International: Program Associate Intern 2019
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motley group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Partner with us!
The Innovations and Evidence Department is looking for a Program Associate to lead the project management aspects of a multi-country initiative focused on leveraging mobile technology to better engage with PSI’s target audience. This is an exciting new initiative that provides the opportunity to make technology work to deliver better health outcomes through bringing care closer to people in the developing world. Sound like something you would be interested in?
• Support country teams to establish project requirements working in conjunction with system developers
• Support on the management of project work plans, working in conjunction with country teams • Support on the management of country budgets, in particular, monitoring burn rates
• Support on strengthening the use of data generated through the projects by applying an institutional ‘Data to Action Framework’ approach
• Support on documenting learning by generating initiative case studies A lot of the work will involve undertaking day to day follow up with the country teams
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly ambitious individual a passion in public health, willing and able to learn by doing in a very demanding position. In particular, we are looking for:
• 1-3 years relevant program management support experience, preferably with projects with a strong technology, digital marketing, or social media component
• Great writing and communication skills – able to clearly depict nuanced or complex ideas.
• Great power point skills – able to ‘translate’ ideas/takeaways from discussions into professional grade outputs.
• Highly organized and a self-starter
• Comfortable with mobile technology
• Relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (e.g., communications, public health, marketing, journalism, social sciences, or anthropology).
• Experience in public health or working for a development agency is a plus
What would get us excited?
• Interest in new technology and finding creative ways to use it to solve real problems
• Fluent in French, Portuguese, or Spanish
• Experience with data visualization in Excel, PowerBI, or Tableau
• Experience with social media projects or digital marketing
• Experience with web design and/or HTMLHOW TO APPLY:
How and Where to Apply:
All applicants must be based in Nairobi with permission to work. PSI will not provide work permits.
Timeline: The timeframe for the consultancy is 12 months with a possibility of extension.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae to:
Email Subject: Program Associate