GBC: Finance Internship 2019
The Finance Intern will be part of a new and growing team of financial professionals with a project oriented focus towards the cash management of the high-profile 2019 goals. As a key member of the Finance Team the intern will work on budgeting, estimating, and pacing cash focused projects that will help the organization increase the visibility and accuracy of cash.
- Budget development and management of cash flow.
- Own the Petty Cash management process.
- Provide visibility and financial support for the Technical, Marketing, Development, and Media departments.
- Support strategic cost initiatives, track risks & opportunities to plan, and deliver financial analysis for customized data and reports in a knowledgeable and flexible manner to aid in business decisions.
- Work on financial modeling improvements in the planning and forecasting models to enhance process efficiency, support new initiatives and to accurately capture the changing economics or structure of the business.
- Ensure controllership and consistency of accounting processes, drive controllership awareness, and financial compliance. Uphold the company’s commitment to integrity.Assistance may be required in the preparation of monthly or weekly financial reports
- Develop and utilize spreadsheets, databases and other computer applications
- Manage specialized information, reports, forms dealing with fees, billing, tracking of projects etc
- Enter information into the financial accounting system of the company
- Help in any arising chaos in the office and other department.
- A recent graduate of Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics or statistics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve complex financial issues.
- Strong Analytical skills, including the ability to clearly link financial results to operation performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to work cross functionally.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, perform in a fast-paced environment & respond quickly to situational needs as they arise.
- Proficient use of financial systems and analysis tools including Microsoft Office and QuickBooks (preferred)
How To Apply
Send your cv and cover letter as the body of the email to email@example.com quoting the job title as the subject
Deadline 20th Feb 2019.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya