Duma Works: New Business Account Executive Vacancy 2019
You will be working for a Marketing and Communications start-up, New Business will be the biggest element of the job (up to 70%) on a retainer/commission basis. You are a dynamic B2B sales person with a passion for obtaining new business from Traditional selling (face to face, cold calls), and from Digital and online selling channels such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In Website e.t.c
You are someone who is responsible, driven, with a high energy and integrity level who will be working closely with the Director. In addition to New Business Sales/Proposals/Pitching, and depending on the agency workload, the role may be at times be called on to carry out an additional mix of duties, including;
- Selected project tasks
- Some Personal Assistant duties.
CLOSE /GENERATE SALES
- Achieve set business to business sales targets
- Pursue Qualified Leads and Close them
- Follow through to ensure payment is received.
- Track Payments
- Prepare new business schedule of activity and follow up activity.
- Generate Leads
- Qualify and vet leads according to the agreed process and criteria.
- Identify tenders that are a good fit.
- Contribute to lead generation campaign planning processes.
- Draft Reports
EXECUTE SALES PROCESSES & TASKS
Database and Tracking
- Maintain a customer database and provide regular updates on progress.
- Record and report on your activity
- Write Letters and send emails or drop at clients premises with followup
- Make Cold Calls
- Respond promptly to Online to Digital inquiries, comments, suggestion or complaints. Online includes all digital selling platforms and social media selling platforms – digital and social media certification will be a plus.
- Post Content when required.
- Identify and Attend events to generate leads where prospects will be found and follow up on leads.
- Work with the Director to prepare and submit RFPs.
Proposals and Pitches
- Work with Director to prepare major proposals
- Prepare proposals
- Schedule and Attend new business meetings and pitches as required, make presentations as required, and follow up on meeting action points to close the sale.
- Be ‘always on’ for all forms of communication – digital and voice (phone)
ADMIN & PROJECT TASKS
- Follow up on Admin issues such as calendars, deadlines, payments, receipts, correspondence, travel etc …
- Assist in preparation reports – brief and detailed
Knowledge and Experience
- Is a salesperson. Generates new business.
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree
- Communicates with confidence and inspires trust and confidence.
- Excellent writing skills for proposals, digital selling content etc.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Engages face to face in meetings with confidence.
- Highest level of integrity: you are self-motivated, able to work without supervision, do what you say will do and status reports reflects what you actually have done.
- An interest in, and a basic understanding of the marketing and advertising environment.
- Disciplined: works on an agreed and set sales pipeline schedule – starts the day early, and the week early and follows through. Is trusted, consistent, reliable and gets things done.
- High energy and optimistic – find solutions to problems. Is not discouraged by obstacles, but overcomes them.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Proficient in Digital Marketing (Google, Facebook, Twitter campaigns). Certification would be a plus.
- A good administrator.
- Is always on – can be reached easily and is responsive to business communication.
- Excellent laptop, tablet and smartphone skills – is comfortable working with this equipment and operate it with ease. Owns one or two of these devices.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV with 3 references -(1 of which must be a digital reference) to email@example.com marking the subject as “3606”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3606 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 30 May 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.