Duma Works: B2B Sales Manager Job Vacancy 2019
Duma Works is recruiting a B2B Manager for one of its clients in Nairobi, Moko Home + Living.
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity, and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to a mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re looking to add a B2B Sales Manager to our customer engagement team: the team that support hundreds of retailers to make better quality furniture every day. You’ll be responsible to run the day to day operations of the team ensuring that everyone is putting their best to realize our vision to reach thousands of homes. You’ll be an excellent project manager who is able to juggle a variety of tasks under tight timelines. You’ll have an eye to set systems that can spur innovation and efficiency. Finally, you’ll be an excellent people manager, who can coach and grow the team.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Manage and grow a motivated team
- Coordinate and manage the weekly activities of the customer engagement officers
- Lead and coordinate the capacity planning and hiring strategy of the team to be in sync with the bottlenecks identified and the growth strategy
- Create a high-performance culture in the team where KPIs are always met and decisions are taken on data.
- Develop trainings and targeted coaching for each team members based on the gap identified
Create systems to sustain rapid growth
- Collaborate with Senior Officer to implement a robust Point of Sale system in the depot in Gikomba
- Support the Growth Wizard to roll out a system to ensure that customers are visited on time and the right information are shared
- Support the team to identify the right insights in the data and formulate the appropriate action plan
Manage special projects and key accounts
- Act as a liaison to senior management to keep them updated about operations and project implementation
- Be the point of contact for operations and admin team to lead from design to execution of systems relevant to the customer engagement team and that are important to ensure smooth coordination with other teams
- Lead the effort to find new channels for products e.g. supermarkets for mattresses, new customers for foam cushions
- Manage the process of testing and interactions for targeted initiatives to drive up sales
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You have experience (preferably 3 years) in retail or sales or marketing and are talented in hiring and managing people
- You have a passion for training people and growing your team
- You are a go getter and enjoy figuring out what it takes to get things done on time in the most efficient way
- You are an exceptional project manager and able to come up with and execute a detailed plan
- You preferably have a creative side and can propose how marketing activation can be optimized and new ideas introduced
- You thrive when you are able to take initiative, you are considered very self-managing and do best in an environment where you are given high-level goals and take initiative to achieve them
- You possess a strong analytical toolkit, and you frequently apply quantitative analysis to decision-making
- You pay extra attention to details in everything you do without losing sight of the big picture and the goals that we want to achieve
- You have the ability to convince people and negotiate a partnership with suppliers and contractors
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 2 May 2019