Daystar University has open Intake for May 2021 Academic Year.
The minimum requirement for enty into Daystar Certificate program is: A KCSE mean grade of D+( plus), 3 Credits in IGCSE or it’s equivalence.
The minimum requirement for entry into Daystar diploma programme is: A KCSE mean grade of C-(minus) , or a mean grade of C plain or one principal pass in ‘A’ levels or 4 credits or better in IGCSE, or their equivalent. Diploma in Communication C- (minus) and C (plain in English).
A mean grade of C+ (plus) and above in KCSE, or 5 credits inIGCSE with 2 Creditpasses in A level or Division 2 in GCE. BA in Communication a minimum of C+ in English is required. On admission, applicants with a B- in English will be required to do ENG 214 while those admitted with a C+ in English will be required to do ENG 098 and ENG 214. B.Sc Applied Computer Science, applicant must have a minimum of C+ (plus) or its equivalent in Mathematics and Physics.
- B.Sc Nursing, applicant must have C+ in Mathematics or Physics, Biological Sciences and English. “A” Level candidates, 2 principal passes in Chemistry and Biology are required. Upgrade Diploma to B.ScN requirements are KCSE aggregate of C (plain) and KRCHN or KRN/M Diploma in Nursing or KCE/EACE Division III and KRCHN or KRN/Diploma in Nursing, and registration with NCK. Some majors have additional requirements, kindly see the University Catalogue for details.
The entry requirement is a Bachelors degree from an accredited university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.00, or a degree awarded with First Class or an Upper Second Class Honours. Those whose GPA is 2.5 or who have Lower Second Class Honours and a Higher Diploma with relevant experience may be considered if the degree or diploma is relevant to the field of study.
The Application Process
1. Start Filling Application Forms
Physical application Forms can be obtained from our Nairobi and Athi River campuses, or can be downloaded below under section 2. Once forms are completed, the applicant must submit his/her application.
Still on section 2, one can apply online and follow the instructions given.
A non-refundable application fee of Kshs. 2000, before admission to allow for ample time for review.
2. Application Forms
Download Application Forms
- Undergraduate / Diploma Application Form | Postgraduate Application Form
- PhD in Clinical Psychology | PhD in Communication | Financial Aid Application Form
3. Attach the following documents to your application
- Official copies of all secondary, post-secondary, College & University certificates.
- Financial Information Sheet (Foreign students need to include a financial letter from sponsor guaranteeing payment)
- 2 recent passport size photographs (4 passport size photographs for foreign students); (Please write your full names on the reverse side of the photographs)
- Completed student information sheet and copy of your passport (For foreign students only).
Graduate students should also include the following:
- Official transcript of your degree
- Copy of certificate
- A Curriculum Vitae (resume)
4. Last Decision
Once the application is approved, you will receive a letter of invitation to Daystar University, informing you that you have been accepted and outlining the procedures that you have to undertake to settle in as a student.
For more information, kindly contact the Admissions and Records office Daystar University, (during business hours)
Tel: +254 709 972 000 | 254 716 170 313