Daystar University Admission Requirements – If you are a prospectus student that wants to study at the Daystar University, here are the Admission Requirements.
Complete Daystar University Courses Requirements, Admission Requirements is here on this page. all you need to do is to take notes of these requirements before you apply for admission.
This page provides information about the Daystar University courses, cut-off points, and admission requirements.
Daystar University Admission Requirements
Daystar University strives to admit those applicants who are best prepared to benefit from and contribute to MKU academic community. Admission specialists will review your application and supporting documentation carefully to assess your overall academic preparation.
In evaluating your application, the University will consider the following factors:
- CertificateThe minimum requirement for enty into Daystar Certificate program is: A KCSE mean grade of D+( plus), 3 Credits in IGCSE or it’s equivalence.
- DiplomaThe minimum requirement for entry into Daystar diploma programme is: A KCSE mean grade of C-(minus) , or a mean grade of C plain or one principal pass in ‘A’ levels or 4 credits or better in IGCSE, or their equivalent. Diploma in Communication C- (minus) and C (plain in English).
- Undergraduate ProgrammesA mean grade of C+ (plus) and above in KCSE, or 5 credits inIGCSE with 2 Creditpasses in A level or Division 2 in GCE. BA in Communication a minimum of C+ in English is required. On admission, applicants with a B- in English will be required to do ENG 214 while those admitted with a C+ in English will be required to do ENG 098 and ENG 214. B.Sc Applied Computer Science, applicant must have a minimum of C+ (plus) or its equivalent in Mathematics and Physics.
- B.Sc Nursing, applicant must have C+ in Mathematics or Physics, Biological Sciences and English. “A” Level candidates, 2 principal passes in Chemistry and Biology are required. Upgrade Diploma to B.ScN requirements are KCSE aggregate of C (plain) and KRCHN or KRN/M Diploma in Nursing or KCE/EACE Division III and KRCHN or KRN/Diploma in Nursing, and registration with NCK. Some majors have additional requirements, kindly see the University Catalogue for details.
- Postgraduate ProgrammesThe entry requirement is a Bachelors degree from an accredited university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.00, or a degree awarded with First Class or an Upper Second Class Honours. Those whose GPA is 2.5 or who have Lower Second Class Honours and a Higher Diploma with relevant experience may be considered if the degree or diploma is relevant to the field of study.
Additional Information on Daystar University