Cytonn: UI/UX Design Internship 2019
Job Type: Internship
Job Category: Design
Closing Date: March 19th, 2019
Cytonn Investments is an independent investments management firm, with offices in Nairobi, Nakuru, Nyeri and Kisumu – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, and hospitality. Our financial services investments in Sub Saharan Africa are made through our Cytonn Financial Services Fund (CFSF) through which we are the 5th largest shareholder in NIC Bank in Kenya. Investments in education and hospitality are made through Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Hospitality, respectively.
Cytonn Technologies (CT) is the Technology affiliate of Cytonn Investments, an alternative investments management firm with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and the D.C. Metro Area in the US. Cytonn Technologies is a respected technology solutions provider that offers innovative, differentiated and efficient technology products and support, web-based solutions and integrated business solutions.
Cytonn Technologies is looking for talented UI/UX designers to join our 12-week internship programme. The interns will be trained on designing mobile and web applications, working in tandem with our creative and development teams. The interns will have the unique opportunity to learn in a real business environment in the context of investment management and real estate in a company led by dynamic and creative executives with worldwide exposure. In addition to technical skills interns learn essential communication and entrepreneurial skills needed to succeed in industry and learn to work in a high efficiency productive environment that guarantees ability to fit in multiple work cultures.
- Design web application and mobile layouts from wireframes to final mockups to prototypes
- Maintain and create detailed mockups of designs that can be used by the development team to code user facing functionality
- Design print materials (flyers, brochures, banners, and billboards)
- Contribute ideas and work with the development team in brainstorming new projects
- Provide weekly support for the sales and marketing teams
- Create artworks for social media and email marketing
- Redesign and improve product design assets for existing web applications
- Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time
- Proficient in graphic design programs, specifically Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Good skills in Wire Framing/Sketching tools to bring concepts to life before design stage
- Education background in graphic design, visual communication design, or related field
- Fast learner and adaptive
- Passion for design and problem solving
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Proficiency in user interface and user experience design is an added advantage
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and browser capabilities is also an added advantage