Cytonn: 2019 Business Development Internship
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Business Development
Closing Date: May 27th, 2019
Cytonn Investments is an independent investments management firm, with offices in Nairobi, Nakuru, Nyeri and Kisumu – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, and hospitality. Our financial services investments in Sub Saharan Africa are made through our Cytonn Financial Services Fund (CFSF) through which we are the 5th largest shareholder in NIC Bank in Kenya. Investments in education and hospitality are made through Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Hospitality, respectively.
The position will afford the individual a clear path to a fulfilling career in Business Development.
- Proactively developing business relationships and securing business opportunities for the company
- Prospecting and conducting client meetings, presentations and understand requirements of various institutions, with the aim of growing the business
- Develop and recommend to the Management long and short-term plans to achieve the company objectives and goals in growing the company’s AUM
- Carry out training for institutional investors training to promote partnerships and synergies,
- Developing sales goals for the distribution team and ensuring that they are met
- Identifying new sales leads by researching organizations and individuals to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Prepare daily reports and periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Pitching products and contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature
- Pitching for business and sales displays
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their sales skills
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company
- Database management, including keeping records of queries and addition of contacts to the database
- Liaison person between internal and external stakeholders of the department by responding to queries and providing information as requested
- Following up and tracking of tasks to ensure timely closure
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to from time to time
- Must have achieved at least a B+ or equivalent in high school
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum 2nd Class, Upper Division
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong organizational and time management skills ability to adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated creativity & innovation in business
- Ability to learn quickly and manage workload in a demanding environment
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
As per the job description