Kenyatta University is one of the leading universities in Kenya judging by the quality of our graduates. Our aim is not only to maintain this position but to improve further and attain our vision of becoming a world-class university that is committed to quality and relevance.
Applications are invited from qualified applicants for the following Programmes which will be offered in various campuses as indicated, under Full–time and part-time (Evening and Weekend) modes of study in the Academic Year 2023/2024, beginning January 2024. The entry requirements for each Programme are as shown below:
Applicant should take note of the following before applying
All applications for Undergraduate degree courses by Kenyan school candidates should be addressed to, The Secretary, The Joint Admissions Board, P.O. Box 30197, NAIROBI.
All other applications for admission should be addressed to, The Registrar (Academic), Kenyatta University, P.O. Box 43844 – 00100, Nairobi, to reach him not later than 30th November of the year preceding that for which admission is sought. [Enquiries]
Entry Requirements for Undergraduate Degree Courses
A minimum of Grade C+ at the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) or equivalent. In addition, applicants must meet specific degree requirements for each school. The entry requirement set should be regarded as the minimum, which in no way entitles an applicant to a place at the university.
1. Limited opportunities occasionally arise for the admission of a few students to pursue parts of courses within a discipline, or in more than one discipline, and a combination, which does not constitute a programme for the award of a degree of the University. Candidates admitted for such a programme are known as occasional students.
2. To qualify for admission under this category candidates must:
a) satisfy the normal minimum entrance requirements, or offer alternative equivalent qualifications satisfactory to the Board of the School concerned.
b) Produce evidence of being a student in another university.
3. The tenure of occasional studentship is normally up to a maximum of one academic year.
4. It should be noted that students admitted under this category are evaluated either by coursework or university examinations.
Entry Requirements for Postgraduate Courses
1. A bachelor’s degree with Second Class Honours – Upper Division or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
2. Admission requirements and regulations for all postgraduate programmes appear under the Graduate School.
How to Apply For Kenyatta University Admission And Intake
Apply for admission in Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies. Our Intake are in September, January and May.
Study at Kenyatta University
P.O. Box 43844-00100
Tel: +254 20 870 Ext 4000/3000
Related Public Universities In Kenya