ICT Fire and Rescue Courses Offered
Fire Safety Training
Just Basic Fire Fighting
Basic Fire Fighting Course
This course is designed for persons who may have to use an extinguisher in offices, shops, hotels and industrial premises, equipping them with an understanding of the hazards of fire complete with practical hands-on training on real live fire situations of how to react in the event of fire or emergency.
They will learn about the theory of combustion and causes of fire and the way to fight fire, including the types and correct use of fire extinguishers. Candidates will use a Live Fire Training to learn how to use fire extinguishers correctly and safely.
The Fire Safety Course is a one day course carried out in your workplace to reduce downtime or at the college premises. All course material, handouts and extinguishers are provided for a maximum of 25 candidates.
Accommodation and catering facilities are also available at the college for those who wish to train at ICT.
Fire Warden Training Course
This course is designed for members of staff nominated as Fire Wardens. The aim of the course is for Fire Wardens to have greater understanding of the fire risks in the workplace and be able to carry out company procedures that are set out in case of emergency.
They will learn about fire, the way in which it spreads and the way to fight fire. An understanding of fire safety risks and how to prevent them will be gained.
Trainees will use a Live Fire Training Unit to learn how to use fire extinguishers correctly and safely.
This a one day Fire Warden Training course done in your workplace to reduce downtime or at the college premises.
All course material, handouts and extinguishers are provided.
Fire Marshals Training
Skills for fire marshalls
Premises with a large number of occupants on various floors within a building would require to have trained fire marshals who would oversee / implement fire safety procedures, prevention, building evacuation and carry out first aid.
Areas covered during training
Chemistry of combustion
Training in fire fighting and first aid skills
Common causes of fires
What to do in case of fire
Fixed fire installations
Effects of fires
Alarm systems to institutions and organizations
Emergency fire fighting and care services
Sale and servicing of fire equipment
Best practice and team building approach in emergency status
Video shows on disaster and fire fighting
Good house keeping
Live fire-fighting demonstrations
At the end of the course participants should be able to:-
Understand the importance and general safety in the company
To understand how to detect and prevent industrial fire hazards
To fight fire effectively
To acquire positive attitude toward industrial and fire prevention
To understand the importance of emergency response plan
Benefits to be derived from the course
Damage to the premises
Damage to machinery and products
Prevention of total loss of property
Prevention of loss of production time and lengthy shutdowns
Prevention of injuries to personnel and subsequent losses of property and life resulting to high insurance and medical bills to the company
To make all staff aware of industrial fire accidents
To complement our training we also offer the following services
Consultancy and surveys to comply with government regulations
On site fire risk assessment in companies, businesses and organizations
Supply and maintenance of all your equipment needs
Corporate team building
24 hour fire service
First Aid Training
BLS & ACLS Training
Basic Life Support(BLS)
Target Audience: All health care providers
• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Critical conceptualization of high-quality and effective CPR
• 1 and 2-rescuer AED and CPR for infant, child and adult
• Chain of Survival
• Rescue techniques and their differences for infant, child and adult
• Rescue breathing for infant, child and adult
• Bag-mask techniques and procedures for infant, child and adult
• CPR including advanced airway
• Choking relief for infant, child and adult
Trainees will undergo both a written and performance-based evaluation.
Trainees who successfully complete the course will be awarded an American Heart Association BLS Certificate (valid for 2 years)
Training Duration is only 1 Day.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Training(ACLS)
Target Audience: Doctors, Nurses and Paramedics
• Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
• Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
• Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
• Airway management
• Related pharmacology
• Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
• Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
• Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
Trainees will undergo both a written and performance based evaluation.
Trainees who successfully complete the course will be awarded an American Heart Association ACLS Certificate valid for(2 Years)