How To Search for A Company In Kenya
In this article Keweb. co tries to answer the question by publishing the ways one can Search for A Company in Kenya
Below are the most helpful ways to Search for A Company in Kenya
How do I search for my business name in Kenya?
To conduct an online name search in Kenya, you must first gain access to the eCitizen portal. It is, therefore, mandatory to create an eCitizen account to continue with business name searches in Kenya. For company registry services, one has to apply through the Office of the Attorney General on the eCitizen portal.
Here’s how to search for a business name:
- Log into the eCitizen portal
- Click on the “Office of The Attorney General and Department of Justice”
- Click on “Make Application”
- Click on the “Name Search- Company/ Business”
- Read and understand the instructions provided before applying
- Click on the “Apply Now” button
- Choose the business entity
- Enter your proposed identity (the name you want to search)
- Provide a short description of your entity
- Review the application before submitting the details
- Submit your application
- Choose your preferred payment method from the list provided to complete your request- the search fee is Ksh.150
- Wait for a response from the Registrar of Companies
How long is a business name reserved in Kenya?
A business name that has not yet been registered may be reserved for a minimum of 30 days. In exceptional circumstances, this period may be extended for an additional 30 days to allow the applicant more time to complete the registration process.
How much does it cost to do a company search in Kenya?
Private Limited Company – KES 10,650. Public Limited Company – KES 10,650. Unlimited Companies – KES 20,050. Company Limited by guarantee – KES 10,000.