How To Establish An NGO In Kenya
A non-governmental organization or non-governmental organization is an organization that generally is formed independently of government.
In this article Keweb. co tries to answer the question by publishing the ways one can Establish An NGO in Kenya
Below are the most helpful ways to Establish An NGO in Kenya
NGO Registration Requirements in Kenya
- The Line Ministry under which the objectives fall
- Work plan for the first year of operation
- Itemized Budget for the first year of Operation
- Comprehensive organizational chart
- Memorandum of Understanding between the organization and the donors (If any)
- In case of an organization registering a branch of an organization already registered locally or overseas
The procedure for Registering an NGO in Kenya:
- Before an application for registration is lodged, the applicant should submit the name search of the NGO in a prescribed form 2 for approval from the Director of the Non-Governmental Organizations Board.
- Submit a duly completed form to the Registry for conducting the search.
- The registry will conduct a search and recommend the reservation.
- Submission of reserved name to the Programs Manager for approval.
- Submit Form 3 to register the NGO after the name has been approved
- Notification of the location of the office and the postal address of the proposed organization Form 1 is to be signed by the three top officials of that proposed organization.
- The application for registration will be submitted by Briantony International Consultants to the appropriate office.
Contact us by email or call us at +254114503453 to start the process
Documents Required in NGO Registration:
A letter addressed to the Executive Director requesting registration.
Duly completed NGO Form 3 (three copies) in original Forms.
Duly completed NGO Form 1 (one copy stating the organization’s contact person).
Two recent colored passport-size photographs of three proposed officials and two other board members with the names of the three proposed officials and the two board members and organization written at the back
Copy of Name Reservation Form (NGO Form 2) duly approved and paid for
The Constitution of the proposed NGO / INGO (filed in Triplicate) and signed by both the proposed 3 officials and LISTING AT LEAST TWO (2) other board members (all the 3 constitutions MUST be signed by all the proposed board members on the execution page and by at least one of the proposed officials on each and every page
Minutes authorizing the filing of the application with a specific agenda and resolution to register the organization as an NGO with the NGOS Registration Board
Notification of the location of the office and the postal address of the proposed organization (NGO Form 1).
Additional requirements for foreign NGO registration:
- The organization has to furnish the constitutions of its other branches around the world.
- One out of three officials of the Kenya branch must be Kenyan citizen.
- The officials must be of outstanding and unquestionable character and conform to NGO laws in Kenya
We also offer CBO registration in Kenya, NGO bureau Kenya, NGO constitution sample Kenya, registering a foundation in Kenya, NGO annual return form 14, and Prototype constitution of NGO-KENYA services.
Another form of registering a foundation or Trust is by Company Limited by Guarantee which registration vehicle for Nonprofits in Kenya
We also provide basic training on how to start an NGO in Kenya
How long does it take to register an NGO in Kenya?
It will take an estimated time of two months to complete the whole registration process. The NGO Council will send you an acknowledgment letter, upon receipt of your application. A registration certificate will be issued once your application meets the requirements set out in the Nonprofit Organisations Act, of 1997.