How To Apply for a Passport in Kenya
Apply for a new passport or replace your old one and pay for it online through mobile money, credit cards, debit cards, or online banking. Fill in the form, print it, sign and date it, then add other requisite documents and photographs and present them in person for processing.
How To Get Kenya Passport
Requirements for new (First time) applications
- A duly filled application Form 19 and 2 payment invoices
- Original Birth Certificate and a copy for citizens of Kenya by birth
- Certificate of Registration for citizens of Kenya by registration
- Original applicant’s national identity card and a copy for adults
- Copy of the recommenders national identity card
- Duly filled Consent Form for minors
- Copies of parents’ national identity cards/ Death certificates where applicable
- Original and Copies of parents’ birth certificates
- And any other additional documentation as may be required
- Payment of the prescribed fee
How To Get Kenya E-Passport
You can apply for, renew, or replace your passport and pay for it online. You’ll have to print out a form at the end. You must sign and date the form, add any documents or photographs that are needed, and return it for processing.
It should take at least 10 working days to get your first passport once your form has been physically submitted at the Immigration offices. For all other application types, it should take at least 5 working days. It can take longer if more information is needed or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
Steps Of Application
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Go to immigration. citizen.go.ke and or Department of Immigration services and click on the passport application form.
- Read the instructions carefully then fill out the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
- Download and print the application form and three application receipts.
- Submit the application form in person to the Immigration office.( Nyayo house, Mombasa & Kisumu.)
During The Submission, You Will Need The Following
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card & copy.
- Three Current passport-size photos.
- Recommender’s ID Card copy.
- Consent letter for minors.
- Old passport for replacement.
- Parent’s National ID cards and copies.
|32 Pages Ordinary “A” Series||Kshs. 4,550|
|48 pages Ordinary “B” Series||Kshs. 6,050|
|64 Pages Ordinary “C” Series||Kshs. 7,550|
|East African Passport||Kshs. 990|
|Diplomatic passport (48 pages)||Kshs 7,550|
|Mutilated Passport||Kshs 10,050|
|Lost Passport||Kshs 12,050|