The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) Human Resources Assistant Internship 2019
, and new knowledge that better enable farmers, especially smallholders, to make agriculture competitive and profitable as well as sustainable and The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) – a member of the CGIAR Consortium (www.cgiar.org) – develops technologies, innovative methodsresilient. CIAT conducts research for development in tropical regions of Latin America, Africa, and Asia (www.ciat.cgiar.org).
The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) is recruiting for the position of Human Resources Assistant to be based at its office in Nairobi, Kenya. The position will provide administrative and operational support within the Human Resources Unit and frontline customer service to all CIAT staff who require access to services within the Human Resource Unit.
• Participate in recruitment, selection and onboarding process including review of job descriptions, advertisements, screening of applications, interview, reference-checks and staff induction.
• Contracts management: Track employee and student contracts ensuring adequate notice is provided for renewals and non-renewals.
• Support management of staff transfers, exit and separation processes and update staff/dependant records accordingly.
• Support talent management functions, e.g. performance management, training and development.
• Participate in analysis of compensation data.
• Manage staff records both in physical files and electronically and maintain confidentiality.
• Participate in management of staff welfare schemes and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in the field of Human Resources Management or relevant field
- Must have a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management. Possession of a Diploma in Law will be an added advantage
- Must be an active member of IHRM
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in a closely related field gained in an international organization
- Good understanding of Kenya employment labor laws and practices
- High level of computer skills with ability to handle Human Resources Information Systems and to learn new applications quickly
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high level of integrity and respect for confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with a strong administrative service orientation
Terms of employment:
The position is nationally recruited and based at the CIAT Africa Regional Offices in Nairobi, Kenya. The contract will be for a one-year period, subject to probation period of three (3) months, renewable depending on performance and availability of resources. CIAT offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits; we believe that the diversity of our staff contributes to excellence. CIAT is an equal opportunity employer, and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
How To Apply
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat-jobs to get full details of the position and to submit their applications. Applications should include the Ref: HM-2259-Human Resources Assistant as the position applied for. Applications should be saved as one document using the candidate’s last name, first name for ease of sorting.
NB: CIAT does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIAT also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Applications closing date: 13th February 2018
Please note that email applications will not be considered.