Summit: Data and Standards Manager Job 2019
Job Category: Operations – Agriculture | Animal Health | Botanic | Fishing | Horticulture
Our client in the Horticulture Sector with an aim to enhancing market access of the Kenya Flowers is seeking to recruit a Data and Standards Manager who will oversee a company’s various data systems and maintain and promote the company-owned certification standards, locally and internationally. The successful candidate will be responsible for organizing, storing and analyzing data as efficiently as possible, while always upholding agreed-upon security standard. The ideal candidate Must be strong in analytic and excellent in making presentations to large diverse audiences
- Responsible for maintaining, interpreting and developing the Company-owned certification standards
- Proactively promote the Company-owned Standards at local and international levels.
- Promote a culture of good practice among producer members by supporting training on the adherence
- Coordinate internal compliance reviews and monitoring activities, including periodic reviews.
- Work closely with auditors and other partners to improve the standards.
- Assess data needs of members, partners and other stakeholders and recommend appropriate action
- Assist colleagues to convert data into usable information needed by the industry, retrieve reports
- Ensure that the company’s data is stored, managed and analyzed correctly.
- Ensure that company’s data systems are secured and protected from potential breaches or malicious
- Create policies and review each of company’s pre-existing data management policies to ensure that
- Evaluate adequacy of existing data tools. Implements new technologies in information management to
- Develop innovative methods and techniques for analyzing and presenting data to relevant stakeholde
- Research, analyses and evaluate new applications of information technology and makes recommendatio
- Work with Company’s teams to support the management of infrastructure systems (i.e., membership da
- Collaborate with fellow staff members to discuss any data problems that may arise and develop pote
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Data Management.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills, with ability to multi-task.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Highly developed social skills and ability to listen as well as communicate in different environme
- Understanding of agricultural commodity markets and value chains will be an added advantage.
- Advanced computer skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel (including v-lookups, pivot tables).
- Detail-orientated and able to identify alternative solutions.
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and culture in the formal setting
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and work flexible hours
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Nairobi City Kenya
Career Level: Management
Salary: KES 200,000.00
Deadline: April 21, 2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job.