Murang’a TTC Courses, Fees Structure, Admission Requirements, Application Form, Contacts and many more can be found here. Read through this post and related posts in this site for all details on Teacher Training Colleges in Kenya.
MURANG’A TTC LOCATION
Murang’a TTC is located in Murang’a town, Murang’a county; within the Central region of Kenya
MURANG’A TTC COURSES
The TTC offers both certificate and diploma courses.
MURANG’A TTC APPLICATION FORM & INTAKES REQUIREMENTS
Intakes for new students to TTCs usually occur in August/September, every year.
MURANG’A COURSES APPLICATION PROCEDURE VIA THE KUCCPS STUDENT PORTAL
This is the main procedure through which you can file your application.
- Applications are made online at the Kenya Universities & Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS)’s website: – www.kuccps.net on specified dates when the site is announced open for applications. However, students who miss this dates may apply directly to the College.
- Applicants who sat for KCSE in 2011 and previous years and have not benefited from any Government Sponsorship are also eligible to apply.
If you did not manage to get placement via KUCCPS, then you still can get one via the TTC. Simply contact the TTC for direct admission. (See contacts below).
MURANG’A TTC MINIMUM DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION COURSE QUALIFICATIONS:
TTCs offer training for both Science (Diploma in Education Science) and Arts (Diploma in Education Arts) teachers. The diploma course lasts for 3 academic years. It is a pre-requisite from the Ministry of Education that aspiring secondary school teachers should have the below minimum KCSE qualifications for entry into DTE (Diploma in Teacher Education) course. Here are the latest general minimum requirements for students seeking to pursue teaching:
- Mean grade: C+ (plus)
- English: C (plain)
- Mathematics: D+ (plus) for those taking education arts and C (plain) for those hoping to undertake training in education science.
- Two specialization subjects (subjects you intend to teach at high school): C+
SUBJECTS’ COMBINATIONS OFFERED AT MURANG’A TTC
A number of subject combinations are available for prospective students to choose. You can take any two subjects that match your preference and qualifications. (Remember that you must have scored a minimum of a C+ in each of the 2 subjects at KCSE).
- Mathematics/Business Studies
- Geography/Business Studies
- Computer Studies/Mathematics
- Home Science/English
- Home science/Geography
- Diploma in Education Arts course combinations, requirements and where to study
- Diploma in Education Science course combinations, requirements and institutions where to study
MURANG’A TTC FEES STRUCTURE
Fees paid at the TTC is pocket friendly. The fees keeps on reducing as one moves from year on to three.
MURANG’A TTC PORTALS/ WEBSITE & CONTACTS
Intending to contact Murang’a TTC? Well, use the contacts below;
Postal Address: P.O Box 232, Mukuyu
Telephone Number: 060-64221