Mukiria Technical Training Institute is located in Meru County and Meru Central Sub County .It is located 9km from Meru town towards Nkubu and 6km from Nkubu towards Meru town.The Institute offers market driven courses in Business and Technical. The first intake was in January 2014 and the Institute has registered tremendous growth in student population and introduction of new courses.
Its objective is to offer hands on training in technical skills with strong component of entrepreneurship for self employment which is in line with our motto ‘Excellence in skills and competence ‘The Institute targets all students who are unable to access University Education. This is in line with Kenya Vision 2030 where the Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges are one of the key drivers to transform Kenya into a “newly industrializing middle level income country, providing a high quality of life to all its citizens by 2030 in a clean and secure environment.
Courses Offered at Mukiria Technical Training Institute
DIPLOMA in TECHNICAL COURSES
Diploma in Architecture
Diploma in Land Surveying
Diploma in Quantity Surveying
Diploma in Food & Beverages
Diploma in Building Technology
Diploma in Civil Engineering
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
CERTIFICATE IN TECHNICAL COURSES
Craft Certificate in Food & Beverage
Certificate in Land Surveying
Craft Certificate in Masonry
Craft Certificate in Motor Engineering
Craft Certificate in Electrical Engineering
Craft Certificate in Plumbing
Craft Certificate in Masonry
Craft Certificate in Fashion Design & Garment Making
BUSINESS DIPLOMA COURSES
Diploma in Business Management
Diploma in Supply Management
Diploma in Human Resource Management
Diploma in Co-operative Management
Diploma in Banking & Finance
Diploma in ICT
BUSINESS CERTIFICATE COURSES
Craft Certificate in Business Management
Craft Certificate in Human Resource Management
Artisan certificate in Food & Beverage
Hair Dressing & Beauty Therapy
Artisan certificate in Electrical installation
Artisan Certificate in Masonry. Read More
Mukiria Technical Training Institute Admission Requirements
- 1. Original and copies of KCSE certificate/results slip.
- Original and copy of leaving Certificate (O level)
- Original and copy of birth certificate.
- 3 recently taken passport size photographs.
- Listed text books.
- Original and copy of National Identity card.
- Enough writing materials.
Institute rules and regulations
The institute rules and regulations must be adhered to. A copy of the same will be issued on
The attached personal data sheet must be completed on admission.
The enclosed Medical Certificate must be completed, signed and stamped by a government Medical
The institute does not offer a special diet.
How to Apply to Mukiria Technical Training Institute
Mukiria Technical Training Institute Fee Structure
|Diploma in Business Courses
|Certificate in Business Courses
|Technical Diploma & Certificate Courses
|Food & Beverage Management Dip and Cert
|NAVCET Course – Food Processing
|Hair Dressing & Beauty Therapy
- Fees once paid not refundable.
- Personal cheques or cash are not acceptable.
- Bank commission for upcountry cheques is Kshs 150/-.
- School fees is payable through bankers cheque, money order or direct deposit to COOPERATIVE BANK-MERU BRANCH A/C NO. 01129021590500.
- Attachment fee of Kshs. 1,500/- is charged during the term preceding attachment.
- Ensure that name and ID No. of the student is written at the back of the cheque.
- Hostels available at Kshs.2,000 per term. STUDENTS TO PROVIDE THERE OWN BEDDING’S AND MEALS
ALL NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS WILL PAY AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF:
|Student ID Card