Maseno University is a fully-fledged University Chartered in 2012 as a Centre of Excellence in Research, Knowledge Creation and Dissemination as well as in the development of Human Capital through Teaching and Mentoring of Students at different levels of academic, professional and community engagements. In the pursuit of these objectives, the University has grown over the years to over fourteen schools building critical human capital and skills for progressive socio-economic and human development.
In addition to this array of excellent academic and professional programmes, Maseno University has now introduced an undergraduate programme in law with the establishment of the Maseno University School of Law (MUSOL) which will be situated at Maseno University’s Kisumu City Campus. The School of Law has been accredited by the Commission for University Education and the Council for Legal Education to offer an undergraduate programme in law, whose niche would be on interdisciplinarity, research and regional integration.
The School of Law aims to be a centre of excellence in legal research, education, training and scholarship in the Great Lakes Region. MUSOL intends to receive its first cohort of students in May 2023 to officially commence the LLB programme.
The minimum requirements for the study of law are a mean grade of C+ in KCSE Examinations as well as a B (Plain) in either English or Kiswahili. As we are looking to be a Centre of Excellence in Legal Education in the Great Lakes
the region, we will only be taking 50 students in our May intake, an Application form can be downloaded from this LINK.
We will thus endeavour to select the best possible students as we set high standards of academic and scholarly engagement in our School of Law.
Our niche and comparative advantages at MUSOL are:
• Contemporary curriculum with a global edge,
• Competent and experienced faculty,
• Focus on excellence in legal research (MUSOL Student Journal),
• Interdisciplinarity in legal education and scholarship,
• Focus on technology in the provision of legal services,
• Enhanced regional integration and international reach,
• Experiential learning through internal mooting and participation in external
national and global moot court competitions,
• Community outreach through Legal Aid Clinics,
• Student exchanges in collaboration with law schools nationally and
• Close collaboration with the legal services industry for practical learning, and
• Active engagement in sports activities for wholesome individuals and
Maseno University invites applications from qualified candidates for admission into the Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) with IT for the 2022/2023 Academic Year May intake. The successful candidates will join the University at its Kisumu Campus in May 2023.
You are required to pay non-refundable application fees of Ksh. 1,500 to Equity Bank Acc.No 1120297065141 Luanda Branch or any other branch countrywide.
Office of the Registrar, Academic & Student Affairs
- DOWNLOAD & PRINT application forms:
| Fee Structure for Self Sponsored Students (SSP) | Fee Structure for Government Sponsored Student s (GSS)