Machakos TTC Courses, Fees Structure, Admission Requirements, Application Form, Contacts and many more other details are now available, here. Get all information on Teachers’ colleges in this and related posts.
MACHAKOS TTC LOCATION
Machakos TTC (mateco.ac.ke) is a public registered institution that is located in Machakos county; within the Eastern region of Kenya.
MACHAKOS TTC BRIEF HISTORY
Machakos Teachers’ Training College is a Public College which was started by the Colonial government and opened its doors on 4th March, 1958. The Institution was established to train female teachers and had 64 students in four classes offering T3, T2, T1 and T1- up-grader teacher training courses. The first Principal was Miss A.C. Shrubsole.In 1965 male students joined the College making it co-educational. They had been transferred from Tumutumu Teachers’ College in Nyeri. In 1968 MATECO got the first African Principal, Mr. P. G. King’ori. By then the student population had risen to 240. The College continued to train P1 and P2 teachers up to 1982. From then on it has been fully devoted to training P1 teachers only.Students’ recruitment to the institution is based on a quota system worked out by the Ministry of Education, Science & Technology, that is, qualified students are admitted from all the Counties in the country. MATECO is unique in that, it trains regular students as well as students with hearing, visual and physical impairment.Currently, MATECO has a teaching staff of 73 lecturers, 63 support staff and student population of 963.
MACHAKOS TTC COURSES
The TTC offers both certificate and diploma courses.
MACHAKOS TTC APPLICATION FORM & INTAKES REQUIREMENTS
Intakes for new students to TTCs usually occur in August/September, every year.
MACHAKOS TTC COURSES APPLICATION PROCEDURE VIA THE KUCCPS STUDENT PORTAL
An applicant selected to join Machakos Teachers’ College becomes a bona fide students through the process of registration.The requirements for registration are as follows:-
- Letter of invitation (not a photocopy)
- Original National Identity Card
- Original academic certificates
- Full fees in BANKERS CHEQUE, MONEY ORDER or BANKING SLIP
A student who for any reason, fails to register at the college for admission on the officially specified date will not be readmitted but will be made to apply afresh through Ministry of Education Science and Technology.
A student selected to join a particular public Teacher Training College cannot transfer to another without the authority of the Ministry of Education.
A student who is found with forged certificates will not be registered but will be handed over to the police.
This is the main procedure through which you can file your application.
- Applications are made online at the Kenya Universities & Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS)’s website: – www.kuccps.net on specified dates when the site is announced open for applications. However, students who miss this dates may apply directly to the College.
- Applicants who sat for KCSE in 2011 and previous years and have not benefited from any Government Sponsorship are also eligible to apply.
If you did not manage to get placement via KUCCPS, then you still can get one via the TTC. Simply contact the TTC for direct admission. (See contacts below).
MACHAKOS TTC MINIMUM DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION COURSE QUALIFICATIONS:
TTCs offer training for both Science (Diploma in Education Science) and Arts (Diploma in Education Arts) teachers. The diploma course lasts for 3 academic years. It is a pre-requisite from the Ministry of Education that aspiring secondary school teachers should have the below minimum KCSE qualifications for entry into DTE (Diploma in Teacher Education) course. Here are the latest general minimum requirements for students seeking to pursue teaching:
- Mean grade: C+ (plus)
- English: C (plain)
- Mathematics: D+ (plus) for those taking education arts and C (plain) for those hoping to undertake training in education science.
- Two specialization subjects (subjects you intend to teach at high school): C+
SUBJECTS’ COMBINATIONS OFFERED AT MACHAKOS TTC
A number of subject combinations are available for prospective students to choose. You can take any two subjects that match your preference and qualifications. (Remember that you must have scored a minimum of a C+ in each of the 2 subjects at KCSE).
- Mathematics/Business Studies
- Geography/Business Studies
- Computer Studies/Mathematics
- Home Science/English
- Home science/Geography
- Diploma in Education Arts course combinations, requirements and where to study
- Diploma in Education Science course combinations, requirements and institutions where to study
MACHAKOS TTC FEES STRUCTURE
Fees paid at the TTC is pocket friendly. The fees keeps on reducing as one moves from year on to three.
MACHAKOS TTC PORTALS/ WEBSITE & CONTACTS
- Telephone: +254 700 393590 / 0787 651101
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://mateco.ac.ke
- Student portal: http://cams.aplus.co.ke/