KNEC Gives  Dates For Grade Six To Start Selection Of Junior Secondary Schools For January Placement

By | July 22, 2022

2022 KNEC  Dates For Grade Six To Start Selection Of Junior Secondary Schools For January Placement.

Information reaching our news desk is that the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) has released dates when Grade six learners are going to do the selection for the Junior Secondary Schools (JSS) ahead of January 2023 Placement.

Information from the national examiner spells out that through the online KCPE Portal managed by their schools, the grade six learners will be able to select Junior Secondary Schools of their selection just like the KCPE candidates.

The National Examiner says that the portal will commence being operational from August 15th to August 30th for the exercise. This selection will facilitate the transitioning of the grade six learners to Grade Seven in January next year.

Professor Magoha quipped,” First of all, the children will have to apply and we are going to tell them the number of slots available. We are almost completing the process. we encourage the private schools, which we will say are ready for junior secondary schools, to allow the children to apply on the public platform so that they are placed”

Earlier the council had revealed that exams will constitute 40 percent of the total score while the Grade 4, 5, and 6 school-based assessments will make up the remaining 60 percent.

CS Magoha has confirmed that, 2.51 million students will begin secondary school in January 2023.

He added that after taking the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) exams, over 1.27 million students would graduate from sixth grade and another 1.24 million will enroll in high school.

The Grade 6 exam is planned for November, and KNEC has already provided instructions for how it will be administered.

KNEC Chief Executive Officer David Njegere explained to school administrators that candidates would take a School-Based Assessment (SBA) test in their home institutions, which will be graded by their teachers.

They will then register for the national exam after the evaluation’s results have been submitted to the portal.

After that, students will be given an assessment number, which functions as a substitute for the index number and use it to register for the Kenya Intermediate Level Education Assessment (KILEA).

Five papers will be written by the students: English and Math on the first day, Integrated Science and Kiswahili on the second, and Creative Arts and Social Studies on the third.

The materials needed for the practical evaluations will be provided by the schools, with KNEC advising schools to improvise some of the resources at their disposal.

By the deadline that will be announced by KNEC, teachers will grade students’ responses and assign grades, which will then be published on the KILEA portal.