KMTC Rachuonyo Campus: Courses, Fees, Location, Contacts and Programs plus Requirements
KMTC Rachuonyo Campus is a community initiative championed by the then Kasipul Constituency member of parliament, supported by the KMTC Board of Directors and the Homabay County Government. It was officially opened in March 2016. The Campus is situated on a two-acre land curved out of Rachuonyo Sub County Hospital which is located behind Rachuonyo Sub County Hospital along Oyugis – Kendu Bay road.
The Campus was started as a result of a shortage of health personnel to serve the public in health facilities. In 2013, there were no qualified nurses in the Constituency to be employed by the County Government to offer medical services, hence the community thought it wise to have a local College that would train nurses and other medical staff to meet their health needs.
The Campus structures were carved out of the Rachuonyo Sub County Hospital and an additional tuition block was built in 2017 consisting of four lecture halls. This was done by the National Government – Constituency Development Fund (Kasipul Constituency) under the leadership of the then MP Hon. Oyugi Magwanga.
The first batch of 75 students was admitted in May 2016 with a total population of 75 students pursuing a Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology. Diploma in Health Promotion was started in September 2016 while upgrading of Health Records and Information Technology started in September 2018. In line with the attainment of Universal Health Coverage, the Campus started Certificate in Community Health Assistant in March 2019.
Programmes and Courses currently offered: –
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology
- Upgrading of Health Records and Information Technology
- Certificate in Community Health Assistant
- Diploma in Health Promotion.
KENYA MEDICAL TRAINING COLLEGE – RACHUONYO CAMPUS
PROGRAMMES ON OFFER
|#||PROGRAMME CODE||PROGRAMME NAME||INSTITUTION TYPE||YEAR 1 – PROGRAMME COST||2022 CUTOFF||2021 CUTOFF||2020 CUTOFF|
|1||5055K20||DIPLOMA IN COMMUNITY HEALTH||IN OTHER MINISTRIES||KSH 82,200||–||–||–|
|2||5055K22||CERTIFICATE IN HEALTH RECORDS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY||IN OTHER MINISTRIES||KSH 82,200||–||–||–|
|3||5055K28||CERTIFICATE IN COMMUNITY HEALTH ASSISTANT||IN OTHER MINISTRIES||KSH 82,200||–||–||–|
- There are plans to acquire the administration block which is currently occupied by the Rachuonyo Sub–county Hospital administration.
- There are additional seven rooms leased to the Campus by Homabay County at Kosele Sub–County.
- Well-equipped computer laboratory.
- Well-equipped Skills lab for learners to practice.
- Ablution block
The current student population is at 248 with this number expected to increase.
Clinical experience sites
The primary health facility for training is Rachuonyo Level 4 Hospital in Homabay County.
Other clinical areas include: –
- Homabay County Referral Hospital
- Kisumu County Referral Hospital
- Mombasa County Referral Hospital
- Bomet County Referral Hospital
- Malindi County Referral Hospital
- Kakamega County Referral Hospital
- Vihiga County Referral Hospital
- Siaya County Referral Hospital
- Kisii County Referral Hospital
- Nyamira County Referral Hospital
- Mbagathi Hospital
- Mathari Hospital
Clubs, Societies and Sports
Students participate in various sports activities, clubs and societies.
Campus contact information: –
KMTC Rachuonyo Campus
P O BOX 148 – 40222