Keshnya School of Government Vacancies
(Application period extended)
The Kenya School of Government (KSG) was established by the Kenya School of Government Act (No. 9 of 2012). The School is the successor of the former Kenya Institute of Administration (KIA), Kenya Development and Learning Centre (KDLC). The Government Training Institutes (GTIs) Mombasa, Matuga, Embu & Baringo are the School’s Campuses.
The mandate of the School is to provide learning and development programs that enhance skills and competencies in the public service; conduct research; and offer consultancy services to inform public policy. The School offers exciting programs, courses and cutting edge research opportunities in a high quality learning environment equipped with outstanding state-of-the-art facilities.
The School invites expressions of interest from qualified candidates seeking a challenging and dynamic learning environment to be pre-qualified to join the School’s part-time faculty in the following areas of specialization. These areas of specialization are not exhaustive and the School is only too happy to discuss the prospects of other courses suggested by potential partners.
I. Areas of specialization:
|Public Sector Leadership||Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation||Records Management|
|Devolution||Procurement and Supply Chain Management||Negotiation and Mediation Skills|
|Ethics and Integrity||Human Resource Management||Peace and Security, Conflict and Disaster Management|
|Public Financial Planning and Management||Job Evaluation||Strategic Planning and Management|
|Public Service Performance Management Systems and Balanced Scorecard||Corporate Governance||Monitoring & Evaluation; Devolution|
|Public Policy Formulation, Implementation & Analysis||Communication, Protocol and Etiquette||Environmental Management|
|Public Sector Management||Information Communication & echnology||Knowledge Management|
|Public Sector Business Process Re-engineering||Public Administration||Innovation and Creativity|
|Social Work||Public Health|
II. Duties and responsibilities:
1. To provide the highest quality teaching, learning and assessment to learners using the most appropriate and innovative methods;
2. To produce the highest quality learning and assessment materials and assignments and use the most up to date and appropriate resources to support learning and assessment;
3. To contribute to curriculum development and establishing a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
4. To participate in the monitoring, review and evaluation of courses and programs as within the programme area in line with the School quality procedures;
5. To attend meetings as required which are specifically related to the specific delivery area;To undertake any associated marking and preparation as required by the needs of the programme;
III. Minimum Experience and Qualification:
1. A Master’s Degree in Education, Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Finance and Accounting or any other relevant social science discipline from a recognized institution;
2. At least 5 years working experience in related fields;
3. Knowledge of public service and institutions of training (Public Service Practitioners);
4. A TOT Certificate is an added advantage;
IV. Required Skills and competencies:
1. Extensive knowledge of the subject area,
2. Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills,
3. Ability to work as part of a team in an evolving work environment with excellent interpersonal skills,
4. Demonstrates openness and ability to manage complex and argument tasks,
5. Good understanding of computer skills,
6. Passionate about teaching and sharing,
7. Initiative and ability to build and work with teams,
8. Ability to work well with participants of all ages and backgrounds,
9. Creative skills to plan and deliver interesting lessons and lectures at the right level for participants.
If you believe your qualifications and career objectives match any of the above areas of specialization, please submit your application, including detailed curriculum vitae, stating your current position and your areas of interest, email address and telephone contacts for consideration.
Applications should be sent to the address below in both hard and soft copy so as to reach us on or before 18th April, 2016.
The Director General
Kenya School of Government
P. O. Box 23030-00604