Full details for Kaimosi TTC Courses, Fees Structure, Admission Requirements, Application Form, Contacts and many more.
KAIMOSI TTC LOCATION
Kaimosi Teachers’ Training College is a public registered Teachers Training College that is located in Kaimosi Town of Vihiga County; within the Western region of Kenya.
BRIEF HISTORY OF KAIMOSI TTC
Kaimosi Teachers College was established in 1902 by Edgar Hole. Courtesy of the Friends also referred to as Quakers from United States of America, the school started with many challenges such as low enrollment, lack of classrooms for tuition, no curriculum, no text books and no writing materials.Learning was conducted under a tree until 1904 when the first building was put up to serve as worship place and classroom.The early missionaries knew that an effective educational program had a strong bearing on successful evangelism.
KAIMOSI TTC COURSES
The TTC offers both certificate and diploma courses.
KAIMOSI TTC APPLICATION FORM & INTAKES REQUIREMENTS
Intakes for new students to TTCs usually occur in August/September, every year.
KAIMOSI COURSES APPLICATION PROCEDURE VIA THE KUCCPS STUDENT PORTAL
This is the main procedure through which you can file your application.
- Applications are made online at the Kenya Universities & Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS)’s website: – www.kuccps.net on specified dates when the site is announced open for applications. However, students who miss this dates may apply directly to the College.
- Applicants who sat for KCSE in 2011 and previous years and have not benefited from any Government Sponsorship are also eligible to apply.
If you did not manage to get placement via KUCCPS, then you still can get one via the TTC. Simply contact the TTC for direct admission. (See contacts below).
KAIMOSI TTC MINIMUM DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION COURSE QUALIFICATIONS:
TTCs offer training for both Science (Diploma in Education Science) and Arts (Diploma in Education Arts) teachers. The diploma course lasts for 3 academic years. It is a pre-requisite from the Ministry of Education that aspiring secondary school teachers should have the below minimum KCSE qualifications for entry into DTE (Diploma in Teacher Education) course. Here are the latest general minimum requirements for students seeking to pursue teaching:
- Mean grade: C+ (plus)
- English: C (plain)
- Mathematics: D+ (plus) for those taking education arts and C (plain) for those hoping to undertake training in education science.
- Two specialization subjects (subjects you intend to teach at high school): C+
Visit this link to get information for all other TTCs, universities and colleges.
SUBJECTS’ COMBINATIONS OFFERED AT KAIMOSI TTC
A number of subject combinations are available for prospective students to choose. You can take any two subjects that match your preference and qualifications. (Remember that you must have scored a minimum of a C+ in each of the 2 subjects at KCSE).
- Mathematics/Business Studies
- Geography/Business Studies
- Computer Studies/Mathematics
- Home Science/English
- Home science/Geography
KAIMOSI TTC FEES STRUCTURE
Fees paid at the TTC is pocket friendly. The fees keeps on reducing as one moves from year on to three.
KAIMOSI TTC PORTALS/ WEBSITE & CONTACTS
Get in contact with Kaimosi TTC via;
- Postal address: Kaimosi Teachers’ Training College, P.o Box, Private Bag, 50309, Kaimosi.
- Phone: (+254) 705-564-121
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://www.kaimosittc.ac.ke