Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Entry Requirement
Course Information & Application Procedure
School of Open, Distance and eLearning Programmes on Offer
May 2019 Intake….. | APPLY NOW!!
- Certificate in Information Technology (CIT) – 6 modules/units
- Certificate in HIV/Aids Management & counseling – 5 modules/units
- Certificate in Purchasing & Supplies Management- 7modules/units
- Diploma in Information Technology (DIT) – 25 modules/units
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Diploma in HIV/Aids Management & counseling – 14 modules/units
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science Procurement & Contract Management – 59 modules/units
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology [BBIT] – 57 modules/units
- Bachelor of Commerce [BCOM] – 54 modules/units
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology [BSc IT] – 65 modules/units
- Bachelor of Science in Business Computing
- Bachelor of Commerce & Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business & Office Management
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
POST-GRADUATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES:
- Postgraduate Certificate in ICT Integration in Education & Instructional Design
POST-GRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES:
- Postgraduate Diploma in ICT Integration in Education & Instructional Design
POST-GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMMES:
- Master of Science in Computer Systems – 12 modules/units
- Masters in Research Methods – 16 modules/units
- Master in Business Administration – 18 modules/units
- Master of Science in ICT Integration in Education & Instructional Design
- Master of Science in Procurement & Contract Management (20 units)
- Master of Science in Leadership & Governance-18 units
- Master of Science in Project Management-18 units
- Master of Science in Strategic Management
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management
- Master of Science in Entrepreneurship
- Master of Science in Procurement & Logistics Management
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Finance & Accounting
- Master of Science in Business Information Technology
- APPLY NOW!!
In order to fill the form, scan or be ready to take snap shots of your relevant documents (Certificates, Result slips & Identity Card) using smartphone or tablet in readiness for uploading.
Pay through our MPESA paybill Number 951200 for the application form as explained below;
- Access the M-PESA menu from your phone,
- Select Pay Bill option,
- Enter the Business Number 951200
- Enter Account Number as ODeL-**** where **** is your National ID Number e.g. ODeL-12345678 (if your id no. is 12345678)
- Enter amount for the programme you want to apply for (Certificates:500/-; Diplomas:1000/-; Degrees:1,500/-; Masters:1,500/-).
Note the M-PESA transaction code CORRECTLY as you will need to put it in the slot on the application form.
b) Fee Schedule
Please contact us on email@example.com to know about our fee structure.
Examination fees will be payable when registering for examinations which shall only be after clearance with the facilitating lecturer upon sitting for the mandatory sit-in CAT.
c) Mode of Delivery
For each semester, enrolled students will be required to attend two (2) on-campus sessions and do most of the learning on their own while being supported online through our versatile management system.
Opening session will be for registration and orientation. Students who fail to attend the registration/orientation session shall be deemed to have forfeited their admission and therefore shall not be considered as registered.
Tutorial session in which sit-in CAT will be taken. This CAT will be a registration requirement for the end of semester examinations.
A student shall remain registered and recognized if they are enrolled for a minimum number of modules for which they should also sit for semester examinations:
3 modules/units in Undergraduate
2 modules/units in Certificate/Diploma/Masters
Duration of the programmes depend on the number of units you register for and successfully undertake and it is estimated that the course can be 50% shorter than the existing regular programme or it can take a maximum of double the period. Kindly note that at the moment we do not have the provision of accelerating the programme.
Examinations will be as per the University Exam Schedule: April, August & December.
The University shall have the discretion of assigning enrolled students support and examination venues
Most of the learning materials will be downloadable from our learning management system and they may be printed at learners cost
Each student is expected to undertake some online activities as guided by the module/unit facilitator. Assignments may be taken/submitted online.
In case you are stuck with the application or need to confirm anything, call/SMS or (067-5870001, 067-5870002, 067-5870003, 067-5870004, 067-5870005) and ask for EXTENSION 1764/1766/1767) and speak to one of our staff. Alternative, you could email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Enquiries on:
- ADMISSIONS – Call SWITCHBOARD (067-5870001, 067-5870002, 067-5870003, 067-5870004, 067-5870005) and ask for EXTENSION 1766/1767 (C&D office) . Alternatively, ask for Ext. 1754 or 1764 (Reception) .
- EXAMINATIONS – Call SWITCHBOARD (067-5870001, 067-5870002, 067-5870003, 067-5870004, 067-5870005) and ask for EXTENSION 1762 (Sylvia Kisaka for Undergarduate Programmes ). For post-graduate examination issues, call Ext. 1761 (Lilian Muthoni).
- FEES – Call SWITCHBOARD (067-5870001, 067-5870002, 067-5870003, 067-5870004, 067-5870005) and ask for EXTENSION 1413 or 1412 (Lydia) or Ext. 1766/1767 (C&D office).
Please use the right extension for the right query and you will be assisted much more quickly.