How to transfer a learner to another school through KNEC CBA portal
Transfer of a learner by school A learner transferring to another school MUST provide the assessment number.
If not available, assessment number can be searched using the learner’s previous school code or school name.
STEPS TO TRANSFER A LEANER BY A SCHOOL
1. Login with the School Username and Password to select a Grade or Level
2. Click on Register Learners button Access CBA portal through the KNEC website: www.knec.ac.ke by clicking CBA PORTAL or by using the URL: https://cba.knec.ac.ke
3. Click on Add Learner from Another School (transfer) button
4. Key in Assessment Number for the learner then click Find button
5. Click on Transfer button.
A transfer request shall be sent to the previous school.
Upon accepting the request, the learner(s) shall be transferred automatically.
In case of any challenge, contact the Sub County Director of Education
STEPS TO TRANSFER LEARNER(S) BY THE SUB COUNTY DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION (SCDE)
Transfer of a learner (s) to another school by the SCDE
1. Access CBA portal through the KNEC website: www.knec.ac.ke by clicking CBA PORTAL or by using the URL: https://cba.knec.ac.ke
2. Click on Transfer Learner button
Select Grade / Level
3. Type the Name/ Assessment Number to search the learner
4. Type the School Code/ Name of the school where the learner is transferring to
5. Click on Transfer Learner button Steps for Mass Transfer of learners by SCDE
1. Click on Mass transfer button
2. Key the school code for the transferring school and click find
3. Key school code for the receiving school
4. Select learners to transfer then click on Transfer button.
5. Sub County Directors of Education shall be able to transfer learners from all over the country to schools within their Sub Counties ONLY.
STEPS TO ACCEPT /
OF A LEARNER
Acceptance / Decline Transfer of a learner request on CBA portal
1.Access CBA portal through the KNEC website: www.knec.ac.ke by clicking YA
CBA PORTAL or by using the URL: https://cba.knec.ac.ke
2. Login with the School Username and Password
3. Select a Grade or Level to view transfer request(s)
4. Click on Transfer Request(s) button Select a learner requesting for transfer
5. Click on ACCEPT button to release the learner to the requesting school or click on DECLINE button to reject the transfer.
In case of any challenge, contact your Sub County Director of Education.