How To Search Land In Kenya
Land search is an integral part of the process of buying land. It minimizes cases of fraud that may arise when purchasing land.
Doing a land search is very important as it shows details such as;
- Land ownership history.
- Location of the land.
- Land clearance status.
- Land size.
- Any claims that have been made on the land.
In this article Keweb. co tries to answer the question by publishing the ways one can Search Land in Kenya
Below are the most helpful ways to Search for Land in Kenya
There are two main methods of doing a land search in Kenya, manual land search and online land search. The best and most common method is online land search.
How To Do A Land Search Online
The online search is done via the Ardhisasa platform. Ardhisasa is an online platform that allows citizens, stakeholders, and interested parties to interact with land information held and processes undertaken by the government.
The platform was developed jointly by the Ministry of Land & Physical Planning, the National Lands Commission, and key partners in the government.
How To Do A Land Search On Ardhisasa
1. Log in to the Ardhisasa platform https://ardhisasa.lands.go.ke/account/login or first create an account if you don’t have one.
2. Click on services on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
3. Go to the land registration option then click on search.
4. Click on New Application.
5. You will be required to fill in search details, particularly the title number of the land.
6. Enter the purpose or reasons for the land search.
7. Select the scope of the search. This may either be particulars noted the property section, particulars of the subsisting register entries, register for documents registered or power of attorney register.
8. Click on next.
9. Confirm your details and submit your application. The search results will be posted on the portal.
The owner of the property or land has to be registered on Ardhisasa for you to get the search results. Details of the property in question should be added under the ‘my property section’ (the land owner).
The land owner will then verify to authorize the system to generate the search results.
How To Do A Land Search In Kenya Manually?
1. Visit the nearest Lands office, whether sub-county or county office.
2. You will be issued with a land search form (Form RL 26) which you will be required to fill and submit.
3. Attach a copy of the land title, KRA PIN and a copy of your ID.
4. Proceed to pay the required fee which is Kshs 500 then wait for a confirmation message.
5. After a few hours, you will get the land search results.