How To Search For The Owner Of a Vehicle In Kenya
In this article Keweb. co tries to answer the question by publishing the ways one can Search For The Owner Of a Vehicle in Kenya
Below are the most helpful ways to Search For The Owner Of a Vehicle in Kenya
Go to your Mpesa Menu
Select “Lipa na Mpesa”
Select “Buy Goods and Services”
Enter the verified Till Number: 202994
Enter Kes. 940 as the amount
Enter your 4-digit secret pin and click OK.
Now visit the mVerified Portal: verified.co.ke
Enter the following details: Vehicle Registration Number (Number Plate), Mpesa Transaction Code, Your Name, Email, and Phone Number.
- Tick the “I’m Not a Robot Captcha Box”
- Click Submit Order.
The mVerified portal will do the vehicle search for you and send the details immediately via SMS to the phone number you provided.
Then, a printable vehicle Copy of the Records will be sent to your email address.
Now, this is the simplest way to search for car owner details in Kenya because everything will be done for you. But if you prefer to do the search for yourself, then there is another way.
Alternative Ways to Search for Car Owners by Number Plate
National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) 2016 unveiled an online platform known as the Transport Integrated Safety Authority (TIMS).
The main purpose of TIMS was to enable individuals, institutions, dealers, and driving schools to have a centralized platform where they can register, transfer and buy motor vehicles. One can also perform online Logbook searches on the TIMS portal.
The service costs Kes. 550 if you use the TIMS portal to search for vehicle details. You can pay via Mpesa, Airtel Money, or Visa.
Follow the following procedure:
- Login to the TIMS portal using your eCitizen Credentials (ID Number and Password). If you do not have an eCitizen account, you can create one by visiting ecitizen.go.ke.
- Select National Transport Safety Authority and choose “Get Services Now”
- Click “Make Application”
- Select “Vehicle Registration”
- Click “Apply Now” and input the Number Plate without spaces, for example, KAA123B.
- Select your preferred Payment Method and pay Kes. 550. Lastly, click Submit.
In case of any difficulties, you can contact NTSA through their email address email@example.com