The days when consumers used to wait for their electricity bills to be sent to them via their postal address are over. The Kenya Power and Lighting Company introduced the Kenya Power self-service module which has brought about a tremendous improvement in service delivery. Nowadays, you can conveniently check KPLC bills via USSD, SMS, and e-mail.
How To Check Bill Kenya Power
The E-bill SMS service allows you to check your electricity account balance and bill due to the date using your mobile phone. The following are steps for checking your electricity bill through SMS
You can check using SMS, using any Kenyan Cellular network and the service is charged at Ksh 5.
- Open a new SMS message service.
- Enter the message recipient as 95551
- Enter the first digits of your account number in the message field. e.g., if your account number is 562897-01, enter 562897.
- Wait for an automatic reply with your account balance details.
E-bill e-mail Service
How to Check KPLC electricity bill via email Service?
The eBill email service enables you to check your electricity account balance, and get your electricity statement and bill due to date via e-mail. You need Internet connectivity to conduct your KPLC electricity bill inquiry via email successfully.
Steps for checking electricity bills via email service.
- Log in to your email account and compose a new email.
- Enter the first part of your Account Number in the subject field. For example, if your account number is 879833-04, enter 879833.
- Send the blank email message to email@example.com
- You will receive an automatic reply with your account balance details and payment due date.
KPLC e-Bill Statement
- Use your KPLC account number as the subject of the email
- Write a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive an automated email within minutes with your full statement.