The Kenya Police Service is a national body in charge of law enforcement in Kenya. It is subordinate to the National Police Service which is headed by Inspector General of Police who exercises independent command over the Service. Kenya Police is headed by Deputy Inspector General. Kenya Police is divided into Service Headquarters in Nairobi, Formations, General Duty Commands and Training Institutions.
How To Be A Police In Kenya.
The Applicant must:
- Be a citizen of Kenya
- Hold a Kenya National Identity Card
- Possess a minimum mean grade of D+ (D Plus) and above in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination or its equivalent from an examination body recognized in Kenya with a D+ (D Plus) and above in either English or Kiswahili languages
- Be aged between 18 and 28 years
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Be physically and Medically fit
- Have no criminal record or pending criminal charges
- Female Candidates must NOT be pregnant at recruitment and during the ENTIRE training period.
- Examinations Result slips shall not be accepted.
- An applicant who:
a) Canvasses directly or indirectly,
b) Willfully presents false academic certificates and testimonials or
c) Engages in any corrupt activity
Shall be disqualified, and in the case of (b) and (c) will in addition be arrested and prosecuted.
All Candidates must complete the prescribed application form obtainable from ANY of the following:
- The nearest Sub County Police Commander (SCPC) or any Police Station.
- The nearest Sub County Administration Police Commander’s (CIPU) Offices.
- County Commissioner’s Offices
- The nearest Huduma Centre
All applications must be submitted in duplicate accompanied with the following documents:
- A copy of the academic certificates and testimonials
- A copy of the Kenya National ID
- A copy of the applicant’s Birth Certificate
- KRA PIN Certificate
Applicants must present themselves at the Recruitment Centres with the duly completed application forms on the day of the recruitment exercise.