The Higher Education Loans Board, HELB, provides loans to students in universities and colleges. You can now apply for the HELB loans using the new HELB App that is available on Google Play store.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS THE HELB SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT LOAN APPLICATION FORM FOR UNDERGRADUATES
Follow the steps below to apply for the HELB second and subsequent loans;
- Downloading the HELB app: To apply for the loans, first you will need to download the HELB app. This app is available on Play store at no cost.
- Open the app and register to generate a PIN. To register, ensure you use the Safaricom number that you use for MPesa and must be registered in your Name.
- Use the PIN to log in. Accept the licence agreement to proceed.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your first name (as it appears on your ID), ID number and valid Email address to complete the registration.
- Now, click on ‘Loans’ tab and choose undergraduate loans. Then, click “Apply” on the UG (Undergraduate) second and subsequent loan.
- Read and understand the financial literacy guide, answer the financial literacy questions. Scroll down to see your score/ results. Click ‘proceed’.
- In the next window, click ‘confirm’ to verify your telephone number by paying Sh1 to Mpesa. Pay only once.
- Read the loan agreement and click on ‘I agree’.
- To complete your application, click ‘submit’. A message will appear to show that you have successfully applied. The loan serial number will also be displayed on the success message.
- Wait for a response from HELB on the status of your loan.
For more queries,
- applicants are advised to visit the Helb website: www.helb.co.ke
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0711052000
- Facebook Page
- Twitter: @HELBpage