The Examinations Administration Department (EAD) is charged with the responsibilities of carrying out all examination administration activities for the Examinations Council of Zambia. It is headed by The Assistant Director who is assisted by two (2) Principal Officers.
The Reporting structure is such the Assistant Director reports directly to the Deputy Director. The activities cover the registration of examination centers and candidates for examinations. The department sets examinations, moderates question papers, prints and distributes examination materials. It also conducts and monitors examinations. It is responsible for conducting and supervising the marking of examination answer scripts as well as processing, production of results and issuance of certificates.
The Examination Administration Department conducts School and Primary Teacher Education examinations. The School examinations are the Grade 7 Composite examination, Junior Secondary School Leaving Examination at Grade 9 and the Joint School Certificate and General Certificate of Education Examination at Grade 12. The Primary Teacher Education Examinations cover Pre-Service, Special Education and Pre-School.
In the case of Grade 7 and Grade 9 the Junior Secondary and Primary Education Committee approves, while Grade 12/ General Certificate of Education (GCE), the School Certificate Committee approves
Centres for Teacher Education Colleges are approved by the Teacher Education Committee. The response on whether a centre has been approved or not approved as an Examination centre is sent through the same channels i.e. ECZ to PEO and copies to the District Education Board Secretaries. The centres are communicated to by the Provincial Education Officer of the decision of the respective Committees.
The Head of the school/principal of the college ensures that the number of candidates registered for Examinations is in line with the guidelines issued by the MESVTEE. The following are taken care of during candidate registration;
- A pupil who is not enrolled in Grade 7 shall not be entered for Grade 7 Examination.
- A pupil who is not enrolled in Grade 9 Examination shall not be entered for Grade 9 Examination except for external.
- Candidates to be entered for Grade 12 Examination must have Grade 9 certificate.
- GCE candidates cannot be entered for more than Four subjects.
- Only schools/centers registered as Examination centers shall present candidates for the Grades 7, 9, 12 and Teacher Education.
- No late entries shall be allowed.
- Candidates entered for Teacher Education College Examination should meet the minimum entry qualification of five O-levels as stipulated by the Ministry of Education, Science Vocational Training and Early Education.
FREE ECZ GRADE 12 PAST QUESTIONS FOR DOWNLOAD IN PDF
Grade 12 Past Papers.
Download Zambian past examination papers for Grade 12 and pass your examination with flying colours. Select a subject and download past papers for free.