Duma Works: Training and Quality Manager Job 2019
We are seeking a talented Training & Quality Manager, interested in being the main point of contact for Generation curriculum and instruction, planning, managing, and delivering onboarding and professional development to Generation instructors in Kenya.
You will lead Generation Kenya’s training operations and support curriculum development.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of Generation:
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’ve built a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in multiple sectors.
Generation programs are structured as intensive boot camps ranging from 5-12 weeks. The programs will offer students integrated technical, behavioural, mindset, and employment skills training, mentorship support and community services as well as job-placement support when they graduate.
Generation outcomes to date: Generation has graduated >25,000 young people across 99 cities in 10 countries, in just over four years of operation. In Kenya, Generation has successfully launched five training programs: Financial Services Sales, Retail and Restaurant Services, Distributed Sales, Customer Service Agents and Sewing Machine Operations. Generation Kenya has trained 13,700+ graduates to date, and in 2019 we’re targeting to train ~6,700 additional graduates who will need to be placed into employment.
What You’ll Do
To support instructors in the high-quality delivery of our programs, Generation is seeking a full-time Training & Quality Manager to plan, manage, and deliver onboarding and professional development to Generation instructors in Kenya, and support the Global Generation team in curriculum design of new programs. This role will report directly to the Chief Operations Office and will manage a team of 7 Quality Assurance Assistants (QAAs) in addition to working closely with other functions.
- Support activity mapping with Global Curriculum Lead as needed, working with employers to surface the activities and skills that should be integrated into curricula
- Align Generation Kenya’s activities with key Government vocational skills and competency-based training and curricula requirements. This will entail engaging with and participating in relevant Government forums and activities to ensure the achievement of these requirements. These include but not limited (a) accreditation of Generation Kenya curricula, (b) registration of Generation Kenya as a TVET and (c) accreditation of Generation Kenya with the Kenya National Qualifications Authority.
- Provide feedback to the Global Curriculum Lead during the design process, ensuring content and activities are relevant and appropriate for the context.
- Liaise with the Global and other country Instructional Leads to adopt best practices.
Instructor Recruitment and Onboarding
- Lead the hiring of new instructors when vacancies arise, including with delivery partners and TVETs
- Collaborate with the Global Curriculum & Instruction Lead on the adoption and customization of Generation’s global strategy for instructor onboarding and development.
- Design, customize, and lead facilitation of onboarding and session trainings for Generation instructors and QAA.
Instructor Professional Development & Classroom Delivery
- Engage in and oversee classroom visits, coaching QAAs to use relevant observation tools
- Lead Kenya C&I team to analyse observation evidence to determine instructor strengths, areas for improvement, and progress toward development goals.
- Spearhead delivery of professional development to instructors
- Build capability and empower coaching team at training delivery partners to implement ensure quality across all instructors of Generation programs.
- Lead collection and evaluation of data before, during, and after onboarding and trainings to identify lessons learned and any additional support needs for trainers.
Program Learning and Improvement
- Identify session design and classroom delivery opportunities, challenges, and lessons learned, collaboration with the Curriculum & Instruction and country team to resolve programmatic issues that affect curriculum design, instruction, and program operations.
- Provide feedback on global training approaches and tools that are used to support instructor development.
Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Articulate Generation’s methodology for curriculum and instruction to diverse audiences, including employers, funders, training service providers, and other partners.
- Lead the identification of training service providers that will deliver Generation programs and supply instructors as needed.
- Communicate updates to donors and funders regarding program design, delivery, and quality.
Essential skills, experience, and mindsets
- Recommended minimum of 3+ years of direct supervisory or management experience.
- At least 2-4 years of experience designing and delivering multi-week training programs for adult learners.
- At least 1 years of experience coaching or providing professional development to instructors.
- Experience managing relationships and communicating with diverse stakeholders, such as training delivery partners, donors, or employers
- Experience working with government bodies in curriculum accreditation i.e NITA, CDACC, KNQA, etc
- Creative and analytical thinker with a track record of managing projects and delivering operational targets.
- Professional demeanour, excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills. ● High degree of independence and experience with self-management.
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, as well as a drive for excellence
- Entrepreneurial, proactive mindset required. Experience in a start-up environment preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working with educational institutions, and/or has knowledge of current trends in adult learning and the players in the skills training landscape.
- The candidate should be open to traveling within country, and occasional travel to other Generation sites as per the needs of the program
- Graduate in any field with a strong academic track record; post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
To apply online send an application attaching a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, Friday 7th June 2019 before 12 pm
Equality and diversity: Generation is committed both to promoting equality and diversity within the organization and to equal opportunities in employment. We believe in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are made entirely on merit. Generation does not ask for payment from people that apply for jobs with Generation at any stage of the hiring process. If you have any specific queries, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.