Duma Works: Operations Director Job Vacancy 2019
Duma Works is recruiting an Operations Director for one of its clients in Nairobi, Moko Home + Living.
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity, and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to a mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll join the executive team of one of East Africa’s most successful growth-stage companies, playing a key role in our development into a major enterprise. You’ll work with the company’s founders and senior management to lead growth of our manufacturing, supply chain and distribution operations as we scale nationwide to reach millions of families. You’ll be obsessed with developing the people under you, supporting other managers in growing our internal talent. Highly organized and systems-oriented, you’ll be constantly on the lookout for ways to make our day to day functions run more smoothly, within and across teams.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Lead a team of hundreds in achieving bold goals
· Provide leadership and direction to departments which are home to most of our employees
· Lead manufacturing, supply chain and distribution operations through a period of rapid growth and change – the goal is to reach nationwide scale and preparation for regional expansion within 3 years
· Support the work of functional team heads in aligning their activities and those of their direct reports to the company’s goals
· Lead planning with your team to make the system, infrastructure and human capital investments needed to drive rapid growth
· Take ownership of several of the company’s most crucial KPIs
Promote a culture that drives growth
· Promote a strong management culture centred on performance and development and ensure this is cascaded to all levels of your teams
· Support the professional development of the operations management team while enabling them to serve as effective coaches for their own direct reports
· Lead the selection and development of talent across your departments
Drive continuous improvement
as we scale
· Develop and update systems and business processes to support operations of increasing complexity and scale
· Drive a continuous improvement culture within the departments you lead, ensuring learning drives improvement every week in every team
· Identify and implement opportunities for improving efficiency and harmony within your departments as well as across function areas (with customer facing and administrative teams)
We believe this distinct and rare experience is the most valuable benefit we offer new leaders who join our team. In addition to this, you’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits package benchmarked against lean mid-sized companies. You’ll also be awarded stock options, allowing you to participate in the value you create as a leader of our team.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
· You are a strong leader and motivator, with deep experience leading and developing managers and a proven track record of driving growth and improvement within large teams.
· You have experience leading a large operation through a period of significant growth and rapid change.
· You have successfully executed in a leadership role which required delivering against ambitious strategic goals.
· You have experience developing and implementing complex management systems within an organization and value the structure and predictability they bring.
· You possess a strong analytical toolkit and have a track record of data-driven decision-making.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 29 April 2019