Duma Works: Graduate Quantity Surveyor Job 2019
Duma Works is recruiting a Graduate Quantity Surveyor for one of our clients in Nairobi. The client is an award-winning full-service quantity survey firm.
- Assist in Estimation and Costing functions
- Preparation of tender documents and submissions (EOIs, RFPs etc)
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities
- Pre-tender and procurement process evaluations
- Assist in contract preparation documents
- Assist in monthly cost appraisal, material and labor scheduling for all on-going projects, quality control (on basis of construction program)
- Assist in preparation of payment claims and project final accounts paperwork for all project.
- Assist in review and revision of rates on a bi-annual basis and provide to the team.
- Participating in tender action for ongoing public bids including tender opening.
- Any other duties that may be allocated by management from time to time.
- A minimum of Diploma in Quantity Surveying from a recognized institution
- Willing to commit to a 2-year contract
- No previous experience necessary internship experience a plus
- IT literate; able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- A self-motivated individual able to work with minimal or no supervision.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “3571”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3571 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 20 March 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.