Dispensary place where medicines are prepared and given out, often in a hospital.
Dispensary license for Nurses In Kenya
APPLICATION FOR ANNUAL LICENSE
One of the Council’s core mandate is to license all eligible health facilities.
The licenses can now be applied online by visiting the Online Services Portal available on osp.kmpdc.go.ke.
Refer to the procedure manuals above for step-by-step instructions on how to go about license renewal.
The facility licenses issued are:
ANNUAL LICENSE FEES (2022)
PUBLIC COUNTY HEALTH FACILITIES
FAITH BASED DISPENSARY
MISSION HOSPITAL LEVEL 3
BASIC HEALTH CENTRE
FAITH-BASED BASIC CENTRE
FAITH-BASED COMPREHENSIVE CENTRE
FUNERAL HOME (STAND ALONE)
FAITH BASED LEVEL 4 HOSPITAL
FAITH BASED LEVEL 5 HOSPITAL
HOSPITAL LEVEL 4
FAITH BASED SPECIALIZED TERTIARY REFERRAL HOSPITAL
HOSPITAL LEVEL 4/INTERNSHIP TRAINING CENTRE/COUNTY HOSPITAL
EYE HOSPITAL LEVEL 4
HOSPITAL LEVEL 5
EYE HOSPITAL LEVEL 5
REQUIREMENTS FOR OPENING UP A MEDICAL INSTITUTION, hospital, clinic,Maternity Home
- Obtain forms IX upon payment of Kshs. 1,000.00/=. Return the forms filled in and duly signed by the area Medical Officer of Health or the Provincial Medical Officer (PMO).
- Provide Company/Business Registration Certificate.
- Submit separate inspection report with relevant details signed by the inspection team.
- Provide certified copies of professional qualifications of all medical personnel working therein e.g. Private Practice License for doctors and nurses and their Registration Certificates.
- Provide building architectural plans that must be signed by relevant authorities.
- In case of Hospitals, to provide mortuary/storage facilities for dead bodies.
- There must be a clear drainage system and accessibility to the facility.
- In case of Hospitals, a pharmacy run by a qualified pharmacist/pharmaceutical technologist must be in place.
- Must pay relevant fees applicable in each category (New categories attached)
- It is the responsibility of the Proprietor /Administrator/Director to ensure that:-
o The facility is kept clean
o Institution licence is up to date
o Health professionals working therein are registered/ licenced appropriately
NOTICES & PROCEDURE MANUALS
What level is a dispensary in Kenya?
The Kenyan health system defines six levels of the hierarchy, as follows: level 1, community services; level 2, dispensaries and clinics; level 3, health centres and maternity and nursing homes; level 4, sub-county hospitals and medium-sized private hospitals; level 5, county referral hospitals and large private .
How do I register a medical clinic in Kenya?
Attach the following documents: – (a) Company or Business Registration Certificate (b) Certified copies of Professional Certificates of all Health Professionals working therein including licenses from their respective Regulatory Authorities. (c) Building Architectural Plans for hospitals and nursing homes.